Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is your best self defence move?

What is your best self defence move?

Mine is the karate chop surprise. It is a 3 step move that includes a bit of acting skills and a bit of political in correctness. Step One - get into a real un proffesional looking karate stance. Step Two - raise up one arm and say - karate chop. Step three - punch them with your other hand and say - ah so or so sorry. Cheers and happy Mothers day!

Posted - May 10, 2020

Responses

Crap, I don't even think I have one.
      May 11, 2020 7:37 PM MDT

Me either.   I try not to put myself into situations where one is needed.

I guess what I try to do is reason.  Find a solution to the problem and see if it works.  If not, compromise on both sides and make the solution work.  Listen to their needs and if they are within "reason" of a probably situation then apply them with their help.  Include them not isolate them.
    No man wants to be alone or feel his emotions are not addressed. No man wants to feel threatened.
    Working together, you both can walk away feeling satisfied with an outcome.

If that doesn't work, either lay down and play dead or hope you have stock in NIKE.  RUN!
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at May 12, 2020 3:23 PM MDT
      May 12, 2020 12:20 PM MDT

Hmm.
    I had only thought of defense against a stranger: that was my worst danger when I was a young woman.

In this rural area, I've never had a need to defend myself
    Some families and people in town are suffering from the ice epidemic.

Odd. When I read the question, I didn't think of defense against a verbal attack or some lesser infringement of a boundary. If that happens, which is rare with Ari, I aim for us to reach a solution that works equally for us both. Today, we agreed we need to declutter our kitchen. We feel happier for it.
    We do go for compromise when there's no alternative.

I loved your answer.
      May 12, 2020 12:44 PM MDT

Thank you!  It always make me feel good when someone I respect adds that they liked my answer and appreciated a different view on the question.
    The reason I took this approach was this morning Don and I were talking about some decisions by the homeowner.  They had inadvertently done some things that are prolonging the C of O.

Without going into too much detail, these decisions have taken a toll on the project, (their spec house) and their key player, Don.  
    When there is a common goal, all players are important and all feelings are important.  Business is business but business involves people.  People need people and great things can be accomplished when all are rewarded (like you just did me, Big Smiles!) and like you and Ari, RESPECT each other and believe you are both working toward the same goal and the common good.
    Have a great day bookworm and please stay Happy, Healthy, and Safe.
    :) :)

Before I go onto another question, what is the ice epidemic?
    To me, it could be two things.
    1.  People are afraid they are going to run out of water so they are desperately trying to save it by freezing it.  
    2.  People are freezing down there and are in desperate need of blankets and wool socks.
    I'm probably wrong on both so please share what it actually is.  I'm very interested in knowing.
    Thanks bookworm!
    :) :)
      May 12, 2020 1:55 PM MDT