Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » What is your “Worst Pet Story”? ~

What is your “Worst Pet Story”? ~

Posted - July 17, 2020

Responses

My dogs used to eat their own poo.  I finally cured them of that by adding crushed pineapple to their food.  My Sheltie-Border Collie mix also liked to roll in it and what made it worse was he has long hair.  At least he was smart enough to figure out that he'd be getting a bath every time he rolled in poo so he finally gave it up!

I also learned to check my shoes before I put them on in case one of my cats brings me a present!
      July 18, 2020 3:21 AM MDT

Ewwww.

July 18, 2020 4:59 AM MDT

When I was 16, I was put in charge of feeding my grandmother's cat while she was on vacation with her sister. One Saturday morning, the cat was hit by a car and had it's back end smashed. It was still alive, but was not going to live. So I took it to the only vet who was open on Saturday. Dr. Bill Miller, a famous pro wrestler of the 1950s. He was also a vet, but mostly for large farm animals. Anyway, the cat was 'put to sleep' by the big wrestler. 
      July 19, 2020 7:56 AM MDT

(hit by a car and had it's its back end smashed.)

July 19, 2020 7:29 PM MDT

R.I.P., Butt-Smashed Cat. 

~

July 19, 2020 7:30 PM MDT

I was taking a relaxation bath.
    I had a large aroma therapy candle lit on the wide edge of the tub.
    My extremely long-haired cat jumped up on the edge of the tub and looked at me and started purring.
    I started to rub her neck with my foot up on the edge of the tub.
    She purred even louder.
    Then her long hairy tail went into the candle and her tail went up in flames.
    I jumped up out of the tub and screamed her name out of concern.
    She ran out of the bathroom with her tail on fire.
    Naked and wet, I ran quickly after her, all the while imagining her setting the place on fire as she ran around the place.

I found her sitting quietly and calmly, licking her tail.
    She was fine.
    It was all way-on-the-outside tips of her hair that burned.
    She was fine.

It all badly scared me for about 37 seconds. And then it was over. And all was well. :)
    But those 37 seconds of uncertainty qualify for my "worst." 

July 19, 2020 7:37 PM MDT

~

July 19, 2020 7:48 PM MDT

For some reason, I didn't think of grabbing a camera/phone/whatever to have a reminder of the wonderful moment.
    :)

Confused GIF by Reactions | Gfycat

July 19, 2020 8:05 PM MDT

my husband is the building manager of an apartment building and has an office in our home 

last week my cat peed in a basket of rent receipts and paperwork (and had been for a while, prob Like a month)

i had to call out of work to help him try to salvage what we could and reprint all the paperwork 

I think it was because he doesn’t add enough litter to the box and she won’t use it if the entire bottom isn’t covered in at least a few inches. usually I change it but since we found out I was pregnant  i haven’t been. 
      July 19, 2020 8:01 PM MDT

Bull terrier puppy put his head under the fence and grabbed the neighbour's dog's paw, ripped the skin off it - exposed bones.
    We paid the neighbour's vet bill and had the pup euthanized.  The neighbour said he wouldn't require that, but my wife insisted (it was her dog) as it was unreliable.
      July 20, 2020 1:39 AM MDT

Wow, that turned dramatic pretty quickly. Sorry to hear about it, for everyone involved. I bet it was difficult for everyone.
      July 20, 2020 6:16 PM MDT

A dog from a few iterations back, a German Shepherd.  He was generally friendly, polite and well behaved.  We had an incident with a local cop.

Now Imagine you are walking your dog in a legal area.

Cop must have disliked large Dogs, and came over to check us out.  That is Dog Tags, proper length of leash etc.

Cop starts being really obnoxious, aka bullying me & my dog

Lance, my German Shepherd lifts his leg and pees on the cops leg

We ended up with a ticket and a required court appearance.  Judge threw the ticket out, this Minneapolis cop still hates my guts or so I have been told.  That is another tale for another day.  He did get fired over some other incident and moved to an Outstate town.
      July 23, 2020 1:53 PM MDT