Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » What can you tell us about your cat?

What can you tell us about your cat?

Posted - August 31, 2020

Responses

He's a 5-year-old tuxedo cat and his name is Boots. He also does stand up.
      August 31, 2020 9:05 PM MDT

I’ve never had a cat. Not Nor a dog. When I was growing up, it seemed as if my mother was allergic to just about everything on the planet except her beloved Viceroy cigarettes. She couldn’t stand to have animals around her, so no pets.
      That changed when my youngest sister was born (either an “oops baby” or a let-me-see-if-having-a-baby-will-rescue-this-sinking-marriage baby), whom my mother and stepfather spoiled beyond all parental recognition. The only pets allowed were a goldfish, and later a parakeet. They were never considered family pets, they were specifically my little sister‘s pets, which she ignored from the first week they were in the house.  Two of my glorious chores were feeding that danged bird and cleaning out its cage daily.

No, I’m not bitter. Grrrrrrr.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at January 3, 2021 6:38 PM MST
      August 31, 2020 9:09 PM MDT

She is a lean and mean mouse killing machine and also my sleeping pill (her purring  helps me to get to sleep). Cheers!
      August 31, 2020 9:29 PM MDT

I'm owned by 2 cats...

Shadow - an extremely intelligent 15 year old black "panther" I found 15 years ago.  He will often engage in conversations and is very opinionated.

Smokey - a 9-year-old Russian Blue. Smokey's deaf, but he’s very cuddly an dloves laps.  He's been skin and bones (5 lbs.) since I found him 8-1/2 years ago.   

August 31, 2020 9:38 PM MDT

Cats and I are not friends. There are three in our household, none of them are mine. If they had opposable thumbs, I'd be a dead man walking. Cats are evil bastards.
      September 1, 2020 2:46 AM MDT

• He loves to be rubbed under his front legs.  Lays on his back, stretches them all the way up behind his head so that you can get underneath them. 
      September 1, 2020 7:20 AM MDT

Was just a lonely stray cat in the neighborhood according to a friend who brought him to me. He's a large sized cat, short hair, completely grey color, guess about 6 yo. Might be a Russian Blue. Friendly guy anyway and makes a good companion.
      September 1, 2020 8:25 AM MDT

One is 1 yr old tuxedo cat. A friend of my son's rescued him from a snake at about 6-8 weeks old. He is very loving with me. He hates my daughter (she brought her dog over...he never forgave her)... Not friendly with strangers...he is our guard cat. 

2 month old black cat. She just showed up at my work. Way to friendly to be a ferrel stray. We took her in.  She is also very loving... or needy as my sons put it. 

The cats get along well. 
      September 1, 2020 8:46 AM MDT

Have you mentioned before your son rescuing the tuxedo cat from a snake? That sounded familiar to me. 
    :)
      January 3, 2021 6:40 PM MST

Yes, I think I did.
      January 4, 2021 5:42 AM MST

And I meant that I remembered feeling good about your son's friend doing that and then, I assume, your adopting the cat. ( Sorry about missing it was your son's friend, not your son.) And maybe you already had the cat and your son's friend rescued it at some point after you already had the cat.
    Anyway, it all sounds a bit scary. Glad it ended well.

I need to avoid posting in the morning, I think. My head's flying, not really making sense here. :)

But I guess the other post was late afternoon up there. Oh, well.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 4, 2021 12:45 PM MST
      January 4, 2021 7:00 AM MST

No problem.

His friend rescued it when it was about 6 weeks old. She could not keep it because she had large dogs that were not cat friendly.  My son convinced me to take it in. He kept showing me cute little video of the kitten. :)
      January 4, 2021 7:07 AM MST

That is sweet.
    :)
      January 4, 2021 7:12 AM MST

She loves to relax.

September 6, 2020 8:22 AM MDT

It was delicious. 

January 1, 2021 6:10 PM MST

Mitten-pawed

Polydactyl Cats: The Charm of Big Feet | Mental Floss

Cross-eyed

Those are two reasons I fell in love with her the moment I saw her, and, after researching and making sure she was no one's cat, I adopted/"rescued" this outdoor roaming cat.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 4, 2021 12:45 PM MST
      January 3, 2021 6:45 PM MST

I should add that the picture in my answer is not a picture of my actual feline housemate . I just wanted to show an example of mitten paws. I've found out that many people don't know what they are.

But this cat there in my answer - - I'd love that cat, too. I like animals but I'm a cat man all the way.
      January 4, 2021 4:55 PM MST