Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » Do you know of any good stories of a paranormal event (s)? Your own experience would be most ideal.

Do you know of any good stories of a paranormal event (s)? Your own experience would be most ideal.

I lived with a ghost one time in a rented room, just hearing his footsteps during the dark hours quite often, no visual appearances. The landlady confirmed the ghost, telling me the footsteps began being heard after a tenant had committed suicide in the room some time ago.

Posted - October 3, 2020

Responses

Do you mean something like
    Jesus Manifesting Himself
    and talking to me?
      October 4, 2020 11:01 AM MDT

Would be interesting to know what He said to you.
      October 4, 2020 1:25 PM MDT

My house has shadow people in it, but I just ignore them because they're not bothering anybody.  I named them Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde after the ghosts in the antique video game at the truck stop.
      October 4, 2020 1:47 PM MDT

'Shadow people' I guess you mean ghostly apparitions that you can actually see?
      October 4, 2020 4:03 PM MDT

I don't really think they're actual ghosts.  They're more like shadows with that look like they have a head and a body but no arms and legs that I see for just a split second when it's dark in the house.  I think they're just harmless shadow figures, but some of my houseguests have complained about them.

This post was edited by Livvie at March 12, 2021 9:14 PM MST
      October 5, 2020 8:19 AM MDT

Ok, whose turn was it to make sure Livvie hasn’t been nipping the cooking sherry?

(And whose turn was it to make sure ol’ man Randy D isn’t using archaic references such as “nipping the cooking sherry”?  Grrrrrrrrr.)

October 6, 2020 8:00 AM MDT

• I have no paranormal stories.  I think I may have scared away any ghosts that lived in my apartment.
      October 4, 2020 10:35 PM MDT

I was in a rush.

I needed one item (I now forget the item) in the drug store. I knew which aisle.

I quickly turned down the aisle.

There was the exact item I needed -- sitting in the middle of the aisle, on the floor.

I said out loud, "That's the only thing I came in here for."

Several feet away, a store employee stocking shelves, looked at me with wide eyes: "You're not going to believe this but that thing jumped off the shelf by itself just a second or two before you came down this aisle."

March 12, 2021 5:12 PM MST

That's your invisible force acting out on a rare occasion; power of the mind.
      March 12, 2021 5:18 PM MST

Maybe you're right, I don't know. It's close enough to paranormal for me, though, I guess, ha! I don't always know the details of what is paranormal and what isn't. :)
    It was fun to experience, though! :)
      March 12, 2021 5:34 PM MST

It's all interesting stuff anyway.
      March 12, 2021 5:53 PM MST

I agree.

I'm glad I came across your question tonight. I like perusing the question categories. I missed it when you originally posted it.
    I enjoyed reading all the answers and threads.
      March 12, 2021 6:01 PM MST

Not me, but my sister-in-law. In her early teens, she had major surgery and her heart stopped - she was clinically "dead" for several minutes until revived. She was floating, looking down at her body with surgeons and nurses using the defibrillator, and moving towards the light - but was prevented from reaching it by her late grandmother, barring the way and holding a hand up in admonition. "Not yet, little one."
    The next thing she remembers was waking up in agony. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at March 13, 2021 7:19 PM MST
      March 12, 2021 8:14 PM MST

Thanks; that is quite amazing.
      March 12, 2021 8:54 PM MST