Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Music » Just heard the news that Eddie Van Halen died. What was your favorite Van Halen song(s)?

Just heard the news that Eddie Van Halen died. What was your favorite Van Halen song(s)?

Posted - October 6, 2020

Responses

Omg -- NO!

I'm crying!
      October 6, 2020 6:23 PM MDT

Sorry, Welby. I know he was important to you! 

(hugs)
      October 7, 2020 4:14 PM MDT

Thanks, SavvyAnsley.
    Yeah, he and his music have made my life so much better. He made a wonderful difference in my life. I'm grateful to him.
    :)
      October 7, 2020 6:12 PM MDT

With all the worldwide grief over Eddie, Johnny's passing went almost unnoticed.
      August 15, 2021 2:01 AM MDT

Exactly. Agreed.

But with me, he was literally life-changing-for-the-better for me. Growing up as a young child though my late teens with challenges in my family (much love but distinct challenges with which we all traversed with love as best we could at the time), listening to Nash probably literally 'saved' my life, starting when I first heard him when I was 11 years old.

I would put his singing voice up to anyone. Such a clear wonderful tone. I listened to his albums repeatedly over and over and loved every minute. 

Such a clear singing tone that several of my friends have always thought the person who sang the original (not Jimmy Cliff's cover) "I Can See Clearly Now" was a female until I corrected them.

Nash's death -- I still mourn. But he's such a huge part of my upbringing that he remains a part of me. He has bettered my life in untold ways.
    I am truly eternally grateful to him.

And, sort of unrelated to the topic, but to almost the  same degree for all of the same reasons, The Pointer Sisters have bettered my life. I loved them when there were four of them, too - - before they became REALLY huge as a trio.

I am in a grateful frame of mind tonight. I'm glad I saw your post, Slartibartfast - - to remind me, yet, again, how Nash helped me in my life. And his music "stands the test of time" or whatever for me. He sounds as fresh to me as he did when I was 11.

August 15, 2021 9:56 PM MDT

I didn't know I had one.
      October 7, 2020 6:45 PM MDT

October 8, 2020 6:32 PM MDT

Van Halen - HOT FOR TEACHER

This post was edited by Zack at October 9, 2020 7:05 AM MDT
      October 8, 2020 4:35 PM MDT

I forgot about that one. :)
      October 8, 2020 6:33 PM MDT