Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » what to do about a neighbor that has psych issues and can be really mean?

what to do about a neighbor that has psych issues and can be really mean?

One of my neighbors next door to me can be real mean, she has bipolar and i dont know what else, i heard she has a bubble in her brain,not sure what that is, yesterday i was going to the salvation army for a womens meeting, she was across the street, she saw me and said go die, then she comes to where i am and starts telling me how horrible i am, i said leave me alone and walked away, later, i heard her say i was following her, and that she was going to call the cops, they never came, anyways to get rid of a neighbor like that? managers dont care, i thought of adult protection services but she has a case worker so i doubt theyd listen to me if i say she needs to be in the psych ward, i have my own issues and dont need her abuse

Posted - July 29, 2021

Responses

Do you have any neighbors that aren't a problem for you?  The only time you come here is to complain about them.  Just move.
      July 29, 2021 8:25 AM MDT

Hi Pearl, you’re right, you don’t need her abuse, but right now, you have the opportunity to get away that you’re probably never going to get again.  A lot of people still aren’t going back to work after COVID so a lot of those businesses will hire anyone and pay a lot more money then they used to pay.

Right now, they don’t even care about the things that they used to reject applicants before the pandemic.  This is really good if you were one of the last people to get hired and one of the first people to get fired.  Also, I live in the middle of nowhere, and the lowest starting wage I’ve seen advertised here $13.75/hour, and those are start right away jobs.  They’ll start training you as soon as you’re done turning in your application.  You can probably get a job in Colorado for at least $17.50/hour.

So, if you put on a nice professional-looking outfit and go job hunting today, you can get a job today.  It’s 8:30 in your time zone right now, so you can start now.  Go for the jobs that pay the most.  Once you start making more money, you can move away from all of your bad neighbors.  Once extended unemployment benefits end, the people who had those jobs are going to have to go back to them, and then those employers will take them back over you and they’ll pay them less money to do it.

Let’s get your butt moving and get a real job today.  If you don’t, you’ll stay stuck in your place with people who are also stuck there and just don’t like you.

July 29, 2021 8:39 AM MDT

Excellent advice, but you must take into consideration what are her qualifications.  I once asked what she was able to do and got no response.  Clearly, unless she has some ability to do the work she applies for, she isn't going to get the job - even with the current employment situation.  However, having said that, she can certainly apply for employment that she's qualified to do, but it means making the effort.
      July 29, 2021 9:04 AM MDT

That’s true, but the employers that are the most desperate right now, at least where I live, are the jobs that Pearl can do if she’s willing to learn.  If she can learn how to be a line cook, the Denny’s near me would start training her as soon as she‘s done with her application.  Right now, Denny’s closes at 3:00 in the afternoon (no cook).  Another restaurant by me closes at 2:00 in the afternoon for the same reason.  Another employment ad I hear daily from one company near me is “Starting pay $17.00/hour, no experience, we’ll train, no car, we’ll drive you to work.”  I live 560 miles from Lakewood, Colorado and I even saw an employment ad from a company from there in my local news that said no experience necessary, will train, starting pay $25.00/hour.

Pearl can change her life right now, today, if she wants. This post was edited by Livvie at July 29, 2021 7:52 PM MDT
      July 29, 2021 9:38 AM MDT

I'm fairly certain she said she couldn't stand for any length of time due to a physical challenge.  There are, however, many jobs that don't require standing for several hours a day.  
      July 29, 2021 10:14 AM MDT

Go to answerMug and ask the experts. 

July 29, 2021 9:25 AM MDT

You mean we’re not the experts?  lol
      August 2, 2021 12:16 PM MDT

Well I really wish I could think of a helpful thing that you could do but I can't. I did think of a  helpfull thing that you  shouldn't  do - if you ever decide to hit her don't hit her in the head because it might cause that bubble to work itself lose and kill her and you could get charged with murder. I have had to deal with a few crazies in my life so I know it can be dangerous and frustrating so I feel bad for you and hope things get better. Cheers!
      July 29, 2021 9:48 AM MDT

i dont hit people,if she hit me id call the police on her
      July 29, 2021 10:40 AM MDT

That would include a number of us here.
      July 29, 2021 1:38 PM MDT

Why do you have to do anything, just ignore her.
      July 29, 2021 10:33 AM MDT

• You're correct, you don't need or have to take her abuse.  People usually only treat you the way you allow them to.  Just live your life and ignore her.  She obviously has a lot of her own issues .. don't let them become yours.  
      July 29, 2021 10:45 AM MDT

• ¡Llámame!

July 29, 2021 12:41 PM MDT

¡Jajajaja!
      ~

July 29, 2021 1:22 PM MDT

July 29, 2021 1:55 PM MDT

I find that a 2x4 works pretty good. 
      July 29, 2021 2:03 PM MDT

I figured you would like that.
      July 29, 2021 2:06 PM MDT

Oh yeah........... for sure. 

See the source image
      July 29, 2021 2:12 PM MDT

I don't think pearl will be happy. Nor M2C. I think we violated TOS.
      July 29, 2021 2:18 PM MDT

Dang...Pearl 'liked' my post.
      July 29, 2021 2:27 PM MDT

OMG.... the world is coming to an end. 

See the source image
      July 29, 2021 4:24 PM MDT

Good to see Race there - - haven't seen him in a long time!
    :)
      July 29, 2021 7:51 PM MDT

( . . . pretty good well.)

July 29, 2021 8:13 PM MDT

If you can, try doing a small act of kindness for her. She is clearly in emotional pain and sometimes small gestures of kindness can make a real difference. If nothing else, it will be harder for her to direct her negative feelings at you if you've been kind to her. 

July 31, 2021 9:50 PM MDT