Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » A US Navy engineer has been arrested for attempting to smuggle classified information in a peanut butter sammich. Does this prove my theory?

A US Navy engineer has been arrested for attempting to smuggle classified information in a peanut butter sammich. Does this prove my theory?

PB is an evil, corrupting influence!

Nobody has ever attempted to smuggle an SD card containing info about a submarine nuclear reactor in a Vegemite sandwich.

Posted - October 11, 2021

Responses

Anyone who makes a PB sammich without the jelly or honey is automatically suspicious. 
      October 11, 2021 4:49 AM MDT

Or is it proof that anti-Trump people truly hate USA. 
      October 11, 2021 5:33 AM MDT

How do you know he or she is anti-Trump? Those in service traditionally support Republicans.
      October 11, 2021 5:37 AM MDT

Black Lives Matter sign in front of their house. 

And there is supposedly video of them screaming anti-Trump slurs. But I have not seen it at this point.  But a BLM sign shows which direction they  likely lean politically. This post was edited by my2cents at October 11, 2021 8:12 AM MDT
      October 11, 2021 7:08 AM MDT

I read the story about this couple from at least three different news sources but, none of them had pictures. That Black Lives Matter sign doesn't bode well for this couple. It would explain a lot about this story. I've seen a Black Lives Matter sign in front of an apartment just a few doors down from mine. Frankly, it makes me a bit uneasy.
      October 11, 2021 7:32 AM MDT

Likely no pict because of the sign. 
    I would not worry about your neighbor. I believe most supporters are peaceful. It is a few who go out and stir up trouble. I doubt they advertise who they are.
      October 11, 2021 9:26 AM MDT

How can you be sure that's their house? Even if it is, how do you explain all the patriotic people, including some in the military, who were anti-Trump? Making a rather myopic, oversimplified generalization, aren't we? The fact is that people of all political stripes refuse to support a demagogue. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at October 11, 2021 12:05 PM MDT
      October 11, 2021 7:56 AM MDT

I am taking the news word for it as to being their home....that could be a flaw on my part it is an ABC site....but a local not national. 

So it is ok for you to rely on the stereotype that military usually vote Republican.   But it is wrong for me to say stereotypically BLM supporters lean Dem/Anti-Trump?  What is the difference? 
      October 11, 2021 9:15 AM MDT

I said nothing about BLM supporters. I was talking about patriotic Americans, some in the military and some I know personally, including Republicans, who refuse to support a demagogue like Trump.
      October 11, 2021 9:19 AM MDT

I did not say you said anything about BLM supporters.  I did...I said they would tend to be Dem/Anti-Trump. (I used that sterotype)
    You said military traditionally vote Republican. (This is is also a sterotype) 

Why is it ok for one but not the other? This post was edited by my2cents at October 11, 2021 9:31 AM MDT
      October 11, 2021 9:29 AM MDT

So, I guess that means that anyone with a flower pot and and yellow bike are anti-Trump, too. 
    And they hate the USA.

And anyone who disagrees with Trump is anti-USA.

I'm going to go invade the Capitol now and show my love for the USA.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 11, 2021 8:28 PM MDT
      October 11, 2021 8:12 AM MDT

Be sure to bring a can of spray paint and write -Hippy Chick Rules well you are there. Cheers!
      October 11, 2021 8:53 AM MDT

Yup -- that song always brightens my day, no matter what!  :)
      October 11, 2021 9:57 AM MDT

No of course not. Unless the yellow bike stands for something I am unaware. 

No not every Anti-Trumper hates America. But those who sell military secrets to other countries certainly do. And this particular couple have a BLM sign in their yard. 

BLM is a left leaning org that is anti-police. They generally do not support Trump. As he is very supportive of police, border patrol etc.

Jan 6 was not just Trump supporters. It is on video antifa people there, and other instigators. One inparticlar a known BLM/Antifa member was there. He. (John Sullivan/JadenX) made the news rounds with his video. He filmed the lady who was shot (only person who died that day from violence) 
    The events that day....did not help Trump. If Trump supporters had truly come to take over they would have brought more than just their cell phones. And would be charged with more than just illegal tresspass.  This post was edited by my2cents at October 11, 2021 9:56 AM MDT
      October 11, 2021 8:55 AM MDT

Your original answer --

"Or is it proof that anti-Trump people truly hate USA. "

My one and only reason to post my original reply was my disagreement with that statement.
    I do not like Trump. That does not mean I hate the USA.
    So I made several broad general statements of my own.
      October 11, 2021 9:55 AM MDT

Fair enough. :)
      October 11, 2021 10:09 AM MDT

Cool.  :)
      October 11, 2021 4:57 PM MDT

Generally anti Trump people don't hate America they hate what he is doing to the country they love. Cheers!
      October 11, 2021 8:28 AM MDT

I know all those good jobs and increased wages, record stock markets, better trade deals, cheap gas, just destroying everything.....
      October 11, 2021 9:07 AM MDT

Historically, capital markets rise and fall regardless of who is president. NASDAQ, the S&P 500, and most other indices are up this year since President Biden took office.

What Trump did had nothing to do with all of that. He presented himself as a narcissistic demagogue, above party and above the office of the presidency. Many people of all political stripes refuse to support that with any individual, and that is why he lost the election.
      October 11, 2021 9:17 AM MDT

Even if you ignore stock market....we still had low unemployment (pre-shut down nonsense), increasing wages and prices were much better on virtually everything.  And YES they rules and regulations instated by a POTUS do effect these things. 
      October 11, 2021 9:50 AM MDT

But the bottom line is that lots of people refuse to support a demagogue. That's why he lost the election.
      October 11, 2021 10:05 AM MDT

Lost of people refuse to support lots of things.  Trump lost because of fraud.  As the AZ audit proved.  As the other audits will also prove. 
      October 11, 2021 10:08 AM MDT

Wake up, smell the coffee, and accept reality. All Arizona proved is that Biden won. Again:

A GOP-led review of the 2020 election in Arizona's largest county has concluded that President Biden did indeed receive more votes there than former President Donald Trump.

"That is a true statement," Republican state Senate President Karen Fann said Friday as she opened a presentation to detail the results of the Maricopa County review.

The probe found that a hand recount of the nearly 2.1 million ballots cast in the county hewed closely to the official canvass of the results that county leaders approved.

In fact, the hand recount for Biden exceeded the county's tally by 99 votes, while Trump received 261 fewer votes than the official results.

October 11, 2021 11:11 AM MDT