Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » At 3, I KNEW I was a heterosexual. You?

At 3, I KNEW I was a heterosexual. You?

Sexual awareness begins at about 2.  From my own experience, I remember my mom and I went shopping.. I discovered a female manikin and stared up her dress at her solidly wooden crotch.. I liked it.  In fact, I got a little wooden myself.  Did I look at male manikins? Noooo.. Was I confused not knowing which manikin turned me on?? NOOOO! Of course, not!  At 3, I KNEW I was a heterosexual.  Could I have been "groomed" to be anything other than heterosexual??  No!

The people who think they "decided" to be heterosexual, apparently had some homosexual thoughts some time or other, or they wouldn't have had anything to decide.. Amirit?  I'd like to hear from them.

OR, if you, like me, KNEW your sexual orientation from the get go, why do you think others are not like you?

https://www.hopkinsallchildrens.org/patients-families/health-library/healthdocnew/understanding-early-sexual-development

Posted - July 5, 2022

Responses

I cannot remember anything from before I was 5. As I grew up, though, I definitely liked the girls. And they liked me.
      July 5, 2022 5:14 PM MDT

I remember being attracted to boys when I was very young. Most of my early childhood friends were boys. This may have initially been because I liked nature more than Barbies, but I was having crushes on male pop stars by 2nd grade.

Very good post!  
      July 5, 2022 6:06 PM MDT

Girls had "girl germs" and cooties until I was about nine. I then developed a crush on Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady). I've been strictly hetero since. I didn't have any urges before that, at least none that I can remember.
      July 5, 2022 6:08 PM MDT

I remember distinctly in first grade or younger (I remember where I lived and we moved after my first grade year) being very attracted to shirtless male models in a fashion spread in a magazine.
    When the hormones officially kicked in, it was all still toward males, crushes on peers, no choice involved for me -- it was all what came naturally.
      July 5, 2022 7:49 PM MDT

I‘m bi, but I don’t remember being actually aware of it until I was a teenager and started perving on both sexes.  I’m married to a man, but my first time was with another girl when I was 16.
      July 5, 2022 8:13 PM MDT

I was in kindergarten the first time I was attracted to the opposite sex, a little boy named Richard , gave that kid googly eyes all the time. 
      July 6, 2022 4:20 PM MDT

I didn’t even know you when you were three years old, so how could I have known whether or not you were hetero? Grrrrrrr. 

~

July 11, 2022 7:27 AM MDT

:)
      July 11, 2022 12:22 PM MDT