Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What negative situation or circumstance have you experienced associated with avocados, mayonnaise or Vegemite? Support group time. Grrrrrrr.

What negative situation or circumstance have you experienced associated with avocados, mayonnaise or Vegemite? Support group time. Grrrrrrr.

~

Posted - June 10, 2023

Responses

I'm never in possession of vegemite or avocados but once, back when mayonnaise came in glass jars and were full quarts, I dropped a jar on my kitchen floor.  I still vividly remember cleaning up that goopy glassy mess.  I do wish it still came in glass jars...it stayed good longer.  I always prefer glass to plastic.
      June 10, 2023 2:06 PM MDT

Just this week I had 3 avocados go bad.  I had put them in the sun for days trying to soften them when that didn't work I put them in a bag...they went bad...really bad.  That is $3.00 down the drain, very upsetting for sure. 
      June 10, 2023 7:40 PM MDT

That is $3.00 down the drain, very upsetting for sure.

Here you go, just a little something to reimburse you and to tide you over while the rehab process dries you out. The $150 incentivizes you not to waste money on that junk.
    ~
      June 11, 2023 2:02 PM MDT

Thank you so much, l'll keep that in the drawer with the fake restraining order. At least this time the bills don't say Monopoly Money on them. 

This post was edited by . at June 11, 2023 7:48 PM MDT
      June 11, 2023 3:07 PM MDT

I do not use/eat these things so they have not given me any negative situations aside from tasting to see if I liked them. (I have not tasted vegemite) This post was edited by my2cents at June 11, 2023 6:21 PM MDT
      June 11, 2023 6:35 AM MDT

I was going to make guac for a family get-together and when I cut open the avocados, the were all over-ripe and brown.
      June 11, 2023 10:17 AM MDT

You’re welcome. 

(And no, I did NOT sneak up to your kitchen window and train a magnifying glass on the avocados to hasten the ripening process, even though your Ring Camera shows inrefutable footage of me sneaking up to your kitchen window and training a magnifying glass on the avocados to hasten the ripening process. They’re doing all sorts of things with technology these days. I’ve been framed. Grrrrrrrrrr.)
    ~

June 11, 2023 1:19 PM MDT

I'll have to check my cameras and see if you also sabotaged my avocados.  Grrrrrr
      June 11, 2023 3:10 PM MDT

Wait, what? You must think I travel all over the whole country doing that. Come on, give me credit for not stooping that low.

[*Download of Randy D’s GPS when he travels with a magnifying glass and a target list of avocado lovers’ addresses.]

Oops. 
    ~

June 11, 2023 3:18 PM MDT

I knew it, you owe me $3.00.
      June 11, 2023 4:43 PM MDT

~

June 11, 2023 7:53 PM MDT

Thanks I'll keeping them in my fake souvenir drawer with the fake restraining order and the fake $150.00.  
      June 12, 2023 7:33 AM MDT

Technically, you were not supposed to receive the three dollars because you were already sent $150 a few days previously. I don’t know how you were able to wrangle more money out of me after first being sent an amount astronomically higher; did you use some kind of persuasive tactics on me . . . oh, wait. Never mind. (Grrrrrrr.)

~

June 12, 2023 2:41 PM MDT

hahahahah :  )  

This post was edited by . at June 14, 2023 3:54 PM MDT
      June 12, 2023 2:43 PM MDT

Er, um, wrong fruit. Randall D Randall prefers a much tinier version . . .

~

June 13, 2023 8:49 PM MDT

Be careful with those.  They‘re responsible for getting one of Slartibartfast’s posts censored. 
      June 14, 2023 3:55 PM MDT

By experimenting in creating a guac skin ointment, I am now dead to a good friend.
    Darn.

Sad Man, Sorry For Something. Chroma Green Background Live Action | 16321727
      June 11, 2023 6:21 PM MDT

Thirty pieces of silver? Et tu, Brutus? If you cut me, do I not bleed? Grrrrrrr.

:(

June 11, 2023 7:55 PM MDT

I feared this might happen when I first thought of a plan for both of us in our huge dislike of anything guac  --

In my plan to rid the world of the disgusting slop, I pretended to be a fan of the goop.

After seeing your warning to me to not speak loudly of the ointment, I thought of a plan.
    "Welby, " I thought, "Pretend to further the appeal of guac by creating an ointment. The WorldGuacLovers heard of me and I met with them. Pretending to advocate my ointment, I turned the table on them and nailed all of them in the organization by simply showing them how disgusting it is and I made them really THINK about how awful it tastes (by force-feeding it to them). "

We'll see how it goes -- many of  them thanked me after they returned from the restroom after vomiting.

But, again - - I feared I may lose your friendship.

I hope this is a first step back to you. But I understand I went pretty far without first letting you in on the plan.

Be Very Well my friend!

June 13, 2023 6:47 PM MDT

Welby! Buddy! Dude! Pal! Babe! You know I could never truly and irrevocably turn my back on you! Let it be water under the bridge! Your explanation of the scheme makes sense, there are no problems between the two of us!

~

June 13, 2023 8:42 PM MDT

:)
    :)
    Very fun and  cool.  :)
      June 14, 2023 4:44 AM MDT

In the absence of Haas avocados, I bought Shepard. A mistake, I may has well have bought rocks. Shepard avocados are unmashable and I have no idea why they even exist.
    There is no such thing as a bad experience with Vegemite.
    Mayo I'm not a fan of, unless it's heavily infused with garlic. I don't even buy regular aioli, I get the garlic lovers aoili.
      June 15, 2023 4:30 AM MDT

How interesting that the Veritable Virtuoso of Vegemite derides the supposed good names of the other two poisons. Gee, I wonder if a rift is finally beginning to show in the tactics of biological arsenal wielded by Anti-Randolph Conglomerate.  Could Slart one day come over to my side completely and denounce not only avocados and mayonnaise but also Vegefright too? (Well, a guy can dream, can’t he? Grrrrrrr.)
    ~

June 16, 2023 10:23 PM MDT

Haas avocados are ambrosial. Shepard avocados are pointless. You do realise that there are different kinds, right?
      June 17, 2023 12:29 AM MDT

I don’t need to realize or even know there are different kinds or types or varieties of avocados; I don’t like anything about any avocados at any time in any fashion prepared in any way, shape or form. A defensive stance or supportive stance if anything avocado is suspect in my view, it’s a gateway drug, a slippery slope. One day it’s avocado acceptance, pretty soon followed closely after by a pro-mayo perspective, the next thing you know it’s a worldwide ban on peanut butter and surreptitious replacement with Vegemite. I know how you operatives sneak your agenda through, I won’t join the sheople who are being duped by the propaganda! Grrrrrrr.

June 17, 2023 5:33 AM MDT