Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Will Biden survive until the election? Or will he be replaced?

Will Biden survive until the election? Or will he be replaced?

Posted - June 28

Responses

At least he can read a teleprompter 

This post was edited by Jane S at June 30, 2024 10:25 AM MDT
      June 29, 2024 4:06 PM MDT

That decision was made long ago.  We seem to assume this will happen, but remember, nothing really is as it seems.  The only truth, I believe, is that for years we have basically watched a performance.  It continues.
      June 28, 2024 1:06 PM MDT

Physically he will survive but he might hand over the baton to another person. And I’m thinking it will be Michelle Obama. Cheers!

June 30, 2024 12:04 PM MDT

Michelle Obama has said she has no interest in becoming president.
      June 30, 2024 12:11 PM MDT

Yeah but that was then - this is now. I think she is the kind of person that for the good of the country she will step up to the plate - even tho she doesn't really want to. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at July 1, 2024 7:53 AM MDT
      June 30, 2024 12:20 PM MDT

Well, I think she'd have a better chance than Kamala Harris.
      June 30, 2024 4:24 PM MDT

I don’t know much about Kamala Harris except that during the VP debates she sat and watched the fly on Pence’s head without breaking into laughter. Takes a special kind of coolness to do that. Cheers!

June 30, 2024 4:52 PM MDT

She is also mad at the Biden's so it may depend on if she wants to see Joe beaten or feels like she will be taken it from him herself. 

She is good friends with Hunter's ex wife and not happy with how the Biden's have treated her.   Have you noticed she has not campaigned or even tweeted support for Biden.  This is why.
      June 30, 2024 5:09 PM MDT

I think we have to wait for the polls. Biden will do what is best for the country, because that is who he is. We have many good options, should he decide to step aside.  None of those options are convicted felons, who might be running from behind bars, nor have they been found guilty of sexual abuse, fraud, or taking money from a charity. I wonder why the Republicans have no one like that?
      June 30, 2024 4:20 PM MDT

Physically he'll survive. Mentally, he's been gone for a long time. 

June 30, 2024 6:23 PM MDT

I'd be delighted if both of them dropped dead. Personally I'd sleep soundest if the race was between Tammy Duckworth and Don Bacon. Both moderates, Tammy is a decorated combat veteran and Republicans (Trump being the exception) tend to respect that.
    Some people wonder why I as an Australian am concerned. The answer is this - when America hits its thumb with a hammer, the world screams in economic agony. The world cannot afford to have its biggest economy in the hands of a senile stuffed shirt or a criminal megalomaniac. The fact that the American political system even allows a convicted felon to run is astonishing.
      June 30, 2024 9:28 PM MDT