Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » It's time now to make a choice, choose wisely.

It's time now to make a choice, choose wisely.

Posted - July 18

Responses

I choose now going to my exercise class instead of eating another PopTart.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 19, 2024 1:49 PM MDT
      July 18, 2024 3:42 PM MDT

Kuddos to you!
      July 18, 2024 6:42 PM MDT

Thanks!  :)
      July 22, 2024 11:16 AM MDT

Another sandwich after I finish the first one you made for me? Sure, I choose yes! I have time for that, because the Tilde Brokers’ Convention doesn’t begin until noon! 
      ~

July 18, 2024 4:13 PM MDT

I think when it's hard to choose, choose bedtime. I know I'm about to!
      July 18, 2024 6:01 PM MDT

The worst choice I ever made was trying to watch Rod Stewart lip sync solo sing Maggie May with an orchestra.

https://youtu.be/l4kqsI-_73Q This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at July 19, 2024 3:40 AM MDT
      July 18, 2024 6:04 PM MDT

Ewwwww :  (
      July 18, 2024 6:23 PM MDT

And here's to remembering your dreams . . . 

"Forgotten Dreams"     Leroy Anderson

I find it beautiful  :)

July 18, 2024 6:08 PM MDT

OMG, warm oil on my heart and spirit....thank you so much, just what I needed right at this moment. :  )

How did you know?

This post was edited by . at July 22, 2024 11:07 AM MDT
      July 18, 2024 6:25 PM MDT

I don't know how I knew. :)  Maybe because my undergrad major was Music Therapy? :)
    I'm glad I helped you.  :)

I grew up listening a LOT to Leroy Anderson's music. I'm so thankful and grateful that my mom and dad both had hugely wide music tastes. They liked so many kinds of music and we children heard a lot of it, too.

Composer Leroy Anderson music, and Percy Faith and His Orchestra, and Mantovani Orchestra. Those three come to mind first as huge favorites of my own. As I grew up from a young boy, I heard it all called "elevator music" or other condescending (to me) terms. Easy-Listening, etc. Whatever it was called, I still love it. And It is very valid music  to me.
    And I well remember, at least twice as a young boy, asking Mom or Dad if I could STAY on the elevator because they were playing Percy Faith and/or Leroy Anderson music. Ha.

I'm going to add another Leroy Anderson piece - - yup, he wrote "Sleigh Ride." And, from what I've read, he wrote it NOT as a Christmas tune. He wrote it simply to convey a 'sleigh ride' experience.
    And he did not write words to the tune. The tune became popular and someone added words, and it's now a Christmas tune.
    I still MUCH prefer the original no-words orchestral version here.

( I plan to copy-and-paste some of this to DannyPetti -- I see he asked about the music.)

"Sleigh Ride"    Leroy Anderson

July 22, 2024 11:04 AM MDT

Also, post-other-reply reply  :)

And to add another piece - - how can anyone say that Percy Faith's arrangement of the theme to "A Summer Place" movie is 'less-than' music? My whole being resonates with love and serenity when I hear it. Always have since a young boy.  :)

" Theme to 'A Summer Place' "      Percy Faith and His Orchestra

EDIT: Plot Spoilers to movie in video  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 22, 2024 1:13 PM MDT
      July 22, 2024 11:12 AM MDT

Don’t know what kind of music this is, is mostly a relaxing music of some kind?
      July 18, 2024 6:30 PM MDT

It's the healing kind music that can break through the loud noise of life and drama. 
    The piano player has a similar expressive touch as someone else I know.

This post was edited by . at July 22, 2024 11:14 AM MDT
      July 18, 2024 6:39 PM MDT

Yes, the pianist is wonderful here.  :)

July 22, 2024 11:09 AM MDT

I'm copying/pasting most of another reply since you asked about the music.  :)

I grew up listening a LOT to Leroy Anderson's music. I'm so thankful and grateful that my mom and dad both had hugely wide music tastes. They liked so many kinds of music and we children heard a lot of it, too.

Composer Leroy Anderson music, and Percy Faith and His Orchestra, and Mantovani Orchestra. Those three come to mind first as huge favorites of my own. As I grew up from a young boy, I heard it all called "elevator music" or other condescending (to me) terms. Easy-Listening, etc. Whatever it was called, I still love it. And It is very valid music  to me.
    And I well remember, at least twice as a young boy, asking Mom or Dad if I could STAY on the elevator because they were playing Percy Faith and/or Leroy Anderson music. Ha.

I'm going to add another Leroy Anderson piece - - yup, he wrote "Sleigh Ride." And, from what I've read, he wrote it NOT as a Christmas tune. He wrote it simply to convey a 'sleigh ride' experience.
    And he did not write words to the tune. The tune became popular and someone added words, and it's now a Christmas tune.
    I still MUCH prefer the original no-words orchestral version here.

"Sleigh Ride"        Leroy Anderson

July 22, 2024 11:06 AM MDT

Well-that I just played on just the first one that’s there, but didn’t read your message up there before playing it.
    Not sure how this Christmas song would be related to your other post music thing there-“Green?”
      July 22, 2024 11:24 AM MDT

:)
    Sorry for confusion.

Nothing I wrote in this posted question thread has anything to do with New Christy Minstrels singing "Green, Green" from my own other posted question.

The music in this thread is only about this thread.  :)
      July 22, 2024 11:29 AM MDT

Beautiful, Welby! And I do remember a fun dream--one that takes place in some 'upgraded' version of where I live. Funny how familiar places tend to look so different in dreams!
      July 19, 2024 3:48 AM MDT

Your dreams sound like mine lately, too.

Glad you liked the music.

I added all sorts of music in the thread now. Ha.  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 22, 2024 1:14 PM MDT
      July 22, 2024 11:15 AM MDT

Sweet dreams. :)
      July 19, 2024 1:50 PM MDT

Thank you! It's 1 AM over here and must be 7 PM there, but likewise! :)
      July 19, 2024 5:08 PM MDT

I like what things that I’m choosing that I’m doing now-drawing more art pictures, and moving to a new place.
      July 18, 2024 6:07 PM MDT

I'll be moving to a new place as well.  Everything will change then...everything.
      July 18, 2024 6:21 PM MDT

What a surprising coincidence! Really interesting scene to go with!
      July 18, 2024 6:27 PM MDT