Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is there anything more despicable than this?

Is there anything more despicable than this?

Posted - September 5

Responses

Trump has said the same thing about other school mass shootings in the past. The guy is totally despicable – even Daffy duck knows it. Cheers! 

This post was edited by Nanoose at September 5, 2024 12:12 PM MDT
      September 5, 2024 10:07 AM MDT

I wonder if he would feel the same way it involved his grandchildren.  Probably.
      September 5, 2024 10:08 AM MDT

This is a man who told his own nephew that that he should let his disabled son die, rather than spend money caring for him.  
      September 5, 2024 12:08 PM MDT

Not surprised.  Hitler also thought disabled people should die.
      September 5, 2024 2:11 PM MDT

Possibly this:

September 5, 2024 12:11 PM MDT

She's of the same ilk.  
      September 5, 2024 2:12 PM MDT

"Before going further, I want to send our support and our deepest sympathies to the victims and families touched by the terrible school shooting yesterday in Perry, Iowa. To the entire community: We love you, we pray for you and we ask God to heal and comfort really the whole state and the pain that you have. This is something that's very unique to your state. We're really with you, as much as anybody can be. It's a very terrible thing that happened. And it's just terrible to see that happening. It's just terrible. So surprising to see it here. But, we have to get over it. We have to move forward. We have to move forward. But, to the relatives and to all of the people that are so devastated right now, to a point they can't breathe, they can't live, we are with you all the way. We're with you and we love you and cherish you."
      September 5, 2024 1:06 PM MDT

Just because he said some words before it and after it, does not change the fact that he said  'we have to get over it'. That is not what you say to grieving families. Ever. 
      September 5, 2024 2:01 PM MDT

Context matters and changes everything.  And when something bad happens we do have to move on and continue to move forward.  

Not the words I would have used. 
      September 5, 2024 6:33 PM MDT

Still the wrong message. I appreciate that you posted the whole message, And virtually always context does matter. But in this case, I still say it was not the appropriate thing to say. We don't get over it, we get through it.
      September 5, 2024 6:37 PM MDT

See below (my reply to Spunky) the WE is not the families of the victims.  THEY are the one WE are to be there for....but WE have to get over it (we cannot let this stop us) WE have to do on....

WE is not the victims. 
      September 5, 2024 6:47 PM MDT

You think that's better? I don't have to get over it! It breaks my heart and makes me furious that lawmakers and some voters care so little about the lives of children that they won't do a damn thing to keep them safe. And don't give me that second amendment crap. All of our rights have limits when they infringe on someone else's rights. 
      September 5, 2024 6:54 PM MDT

Steve Hofstetter and Jim Jefferies both have hilarious and very relevant things to say on the subject of gun control. I can't post them here (profanity).
      September 5, 2024 7:07 PM MDT

Then you need to move forward and do what you think you should do about it and other pressing issues in the country.  While being there for the victims families.   Why is this so hard to understand...this is what he was talking about? 

As far as the 2nd amendment goes, taking my gun or any other law abiding citizen's gun does not save anyone. My gun possession does not infringe on anyone's rights.  Yes, we have laws for the 2nd  amendment.   Criminals are not allowed to have them.  Illegals are not allowed to have them.  To buy a new gun the purchaser must pass the NCIC background check. We need to enforce the laws we have. We need to make sure anyone who commits a gun crime goes to prison....no exceptions.  No bail. And minimum of 5yrs no early parole allowed.  Let it be known if you use a gun in a crime...you are going to prison.  (Should not apply to any incident that could be self defense or accidental)   and gun crime will go down. Either because they are in prison or don't want to risk prison. 
    But taking my gun makes no one safer.

As far as school shootings, this kid made a  threat last year to shoot up the school.   This kid should not have been allowed in the school.   He should have been removed and sent to an alternative school.  These kids do not do this in a vacuum...most of the time the authoritieshave previously been in contact with them.  The regular schools should remove the troublemakers. This post was edited by my2cents at September 5, 2024 7:50 PM MDT
      September 5, 2024 7:39 PM MDT

Why is it so hard to understand? The words shouldn't need interpretation. If he had a message for the families it should not be mixed into some message for everyone else. And, frankly, Trump is not known for his compassion.

And the rest of your answer isn't worth a response from me. 
      September 5, 2024 8:13 PM MDT

Those parents and families will NEVER get over it and neither would you if you were in their shoes.
      September 5, 2024 2:17 PM MDT

Read the quote.... the "WE" is not the victims or the families of the victims.  The "WE" is the people in the country/state....WE are there for the families.   BUT WE cannot stop WE have to move forward.  WE.have to be there for THEM (they)  WE are with YOU.  Etc

Two different groups of people.  The country/state (WE) and THEY/YOU the families and loved ones of the victims.   

Granted poor choice of words.  But he was not telling the families to get over it and move on.  He was telling the community to be there for the families but we still have work to do. 

You are correct I would not.  This is why I rail against Fauci on a regular basis. 
      September 5, 2024 6:41 PM MDT

We still have work to do??? You think he said anything close to that? 
      September 5, 2024 6:48 PM MDT

Yes.  I do.
      September 5, 2024 7:51 PM MDT

You just don't get it and no amount of words that any of us write will make you understand.  You have an excuse for every despicable think Trump says or does.  I really feel sorry for you.
      September 6, 2024 3:04 AM MDT

I said it was a bad choice of words.  Not the first by any person much less a politician.  And will not be the last. 
      September 6, 2024 5:03 AM MDT

All you can say is the it was a bad choice of words.  I have no words that could possibly convey what I think of that statement without getting thrown off here. 
      September 6, 2024 1:08 PM MDT

Yes - the people who still support this "person" (and I use that term loosely).
      September 5, 2024 1:53 PM MDT

Remember 10 or 20 or 30 or 40 mass school shootings ago when the republicans were saying that the answer wasn’t sensible gun control – it was installing locking doors to trap the shooters. Bet they haven't installed any of those doors or pushed any legislation for those doors. Talk is cheep but kids life's s are priceless but they don’t seem to care all they care about is getting money from the NRA. Cheers!

September 5, 2024 4:16 PM MDT