Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » There are weather changes, fires, floods, big earthquakes, and terrors like never before, Why?

There are weather changes, fires, floods, big earthquakes, and terrors like never before, Why?

Jesus tells us that these things must increase  right before he comes back in the very last days.

"There will be great earthquakes, famines, and pestilences, in various places, and fearful events, and great signs from heaven," Matt 24:7: 

"An angel will fly midair and proclaiming the good news, the everlasting gospel, to every nation, tribe, language, and people, saying fear God, because his judgments has come. Worship him who made the earth, the sea, and the springs of water. Rev 14:7.

Image result for earthquake frequency history graph

Posted - July 4, 2016

Responses

• Because of people like me. 

July 4, 2016 11:30 AM MDT

All of the above things you cite have been happening since time immemorial. There is always some zealot claiming there are signs unique to "now" that point to Christ's return, and it has not happened yet.

July 4, 2016 11:33 AM MDT

We have never had global warming, and great earthquakes like this, and fires like this, and terrorism like this.

July 4, 2016 11:38 AM MDT

What do you mean, people like you ha, ha?

July 4, 2016 11:39 AM MDT

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/end-of-the-world/

When Will the World End?

The Bible’s answer

To know when the end of the world will happen, it is necessary to understand how the Bible uses the term “world.” The Greek wordkoʹsmos, usually translated “world,” most often refers to the world of humankind, especially the part that is out of harmony with God and his will. (John 15:18, 19; 2 Peter 2:5) At times, koʹsmos refers to the framework of human society.—1 Corinthians 7:31; 1 John 2:15, 16. *

What is “the end of the world”?

When will the world end?

Will there be anything left after the end of the world?

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20130101/should-you-fear-end-of-world/

COVER SUBJECT: SHOULD YOU FEAR THE END OF THE WORLD?

The End of the World—Fear, Fascination, and Frustration

July 4, 2016 11:47 AM MDT

People who believe in prophecies will tend to fit whatever they see into that context. Especially where those prophecies are so vague and open to interpretation.

July 4, 2016 11:53 AM MDT

A New Heaven and a New Earth
    1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.…Rev 21:1

Isa 65 I will make a new heaven and a new earth and theold will not be remembered.

July 4, 2016 11:57 AM MDT

Just please be safe, and consider that maybe God loves you and he is warning you right now:)

July 4, 2016 11:59 AM MDT

These things started happening in our generation just the last 25 years, as well as the computers and cell phones were invented and the population exploded.

July 4, 2016 12:08 PM MDT

Never before has every country of the world been afraid of terror attacks, and flying because planes and airports are blown up, never before.  Why?

July 4, 2016 12:15 PM MDT

Please be smart, and consider that your mind may be deceived by cognitive biases, and compelling storytelling.

July 4, 2016 12:16 PM MDT

Like never before.. baloney!

Maybe the only real change is less people believing in religion based stuff.
      July 4, 2016 12:17 PM MDT

My grandma told me this would happen 50 years ago in Sweden when there was no terrors or global warming at all, before any of these happenings. She said to me " God says there will be weather changes, and terrors in the world and when you see that then know Jesus is coming back"

I remember this clearly, and think I would be negligent if I don't point out what God says are the signs in the Bible. God want us to love him. But the world doesn't and these things will increase until he comes in the last days which are now..

July 4, 2016 12:23 PM MDT

Sweden has never been afraid of terror plots or planes blown up or airports blown up before, no. Never has the whole world been afraid of terrorism like now. Never has there been global warming, never has there been instant communication of the gospel through cell phones, and online websites like this, never has there been a population explosion like now. Sorry, but you are not correct..

July 4, 2016 12:35 PM MDT

• And as the children of God’s creation

Prepared to watch the setting of the sun

They prayed for the younger generation

Which was marching to a funeral drum

And the worms were turning in the darkness

The cathedrals were burning up in flame

While the sacrificial lambs of innocence

Were laid bleating on an altar of shame

I saw mountains crumble into ashes

As Mother Nature committed genocide

I heard someone crying in the moonlight

And knew now who it was and why he cried

And thus we faced the ultimate solution

The pale green rider kissed the hand of fate

The snarling beast which ended evolution

Sat and whimpered in front of heaven’s gate

And a voice was calling from the darkness

I saw the night come falling from the sky

It was time to start the longest journey

It was time to look the devil in the eye

And as I glanced back over my shoulder

The writing was no longer on the wall

There was no one crying in the moonlight

There was nothing, whatsoever, at all

July 4, 2016 12:36 PM MDT

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012171?q=%22The+Former+Things+Will+Not+Be+Called+to+Mind%22&p=par

What are the new heavens? The Bible gives two clues that can help us. First, the idea of a new heavens is mentioned by two other Bible writers, and in both cases the words are associated with sweeping changes on this earth. (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1-4) Second, in the Bible the term “heavens” can represent rulership, or government. (Isaiah 14:4, 12; Daniel 4:25, 26) The new heavens, then, is a new government, one capable of establishing righteous conditions on earth. There is but one rulership able to accomplish all of that—God’s Kingdom, the heavenly government that Jesus taught us to pray for. That Kingdom will cause God’s righteous will to be done earth wide.—Matthew 6:9, 10.

What is the new earth? Consider two Scriptural facts that help us reach the right conclusion. First, in the Bible the term “earth” at times refers to people, not the globe. (Psalm 96:1) Second, the Bible foretold that under God’s rule, faithful humans would learn righteousness, which would spread earth wide. (Isaiah 26:9) The new earth thus refers to a society of people who would submit to God’s rulership and live by his righteous standards.

July 4, 2016 12:37 PM MDT

What a beautiful poem!

July 4, 2016 12:44 PM MDT

well this is the end of the line, I guess.  Or else it is the beginning of much better media coverage. You choose.

July 4, 2016 12:45 PM MDT

• Nope...this has been happening for centuries...since the beginning of time
      July 4, 2016 12:48 PM MDT

I just wish people would consider how are they going to be answering for their sins if Jesus comes soon. He did the work 2016 yrs. ago and people are not prepared if he comes soon.

July 4, 2016 12:49 PM MDT

• Thanks, it  is actually the last two verses of a five-verse poem I wrote

Glad you like it

July 4, 2016 12:49 PM MDT

Terrorism has always been a threat in some form or another since the human race evolved.
      July 4, 2016 12:55 PM MDT

July 4, 2016 12:58 PM MDT

We have had computers for centuries? Are you kidding? And the whole world has never been afraid of airport shootings like now. And we have never had population explosion before, or global warming. You can choose to ignore it but God said it 2000 yrs ago that this would happen in the last days.

July 4, 2016 1:01 PM MDT