Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Which is worse: being obsessed with grammar, or being obsessed with anti-Donald Trump hatred? ~

Which is worse: being obsessed with grammar, or being obsessed with anti-Donald Trump hatred? ~

(I'm asking for a friend.)

Posted - May 27, 2017

Responses

• Grammar is always a good thing. I don't understand why someone would want to fill their day every day with someone they hate. Unless they just love to hate, of course. Perhaps I've stumbled upon something with that statement.
      May 27, 2017 5:57 PM MDT

Nazis are Nazis, whether they're grammar Nazis like your good self or regular Nazis like Trump. Hating the regular kind is normal. It gets boring when it gets ridden to death, however. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at May 27, 2017 7:17 PM MDT
      May 27, 2017 7:16 PM MDT

Just to add a further comment as I really don't like to comment on people's comments.. it feels kinda off to do that, so I prefer to do a general one.  Some people have commented that Trump hatred is something people do all day, or for a larger part of their time.. Perhaps there are people who do that but I do think we shouldn't assume that.. and we should perhaps question why they say that.. after all one can bang out say 20 or so comments about Trump in between waiting for the kettle to boil and making a cuppa.. My feeling is that the antipathy shown to those who dislike Trump and make that known can be in danger of being disproportionate.. just sayin and I think that sometimes the level of the dislike of those who openly dislike Trump is kinda used in a way that tries to somewhat insult those who don't like Trump to try to intimidate and quash them. 
      May 28, 2017 5:29 AM MDT

There is MUCH less anti-Trump-bashing sentiment expressed here on AnswerMug than there is anti-anti-Trump sentiment, based merely on the quantity, the sheer volume of posts on the latter as opposed to the former.  While the way I wrote those two camps may look similar, the placement of the hyphens differentiates the two. If there were no anti-Trump posts, there could be no anti-anti-Trump posts. It gets incessant having to be subjected to the pointless daily whining sessions.  The majority of members here on AM ignore the multitude of written I-hate-Trump-and-everyone's-going-to-know-about-it tantrums that crop up here every single day, several times a day, in quick succession, and seemingly without any reasonable point to them.  

I do not disparage any person expressing any topic that is appropriate for public broadcast, and Trump-bashing is one such topic. The manner in which one posts, however, is an entirely different manner. 

~
      May 28, 2017 7:47 AM MDT

I am sure you are right, i cannot disagree and that was very well put. The facts and figs speak for themselves..  Your points as I say are very well put and much respect to you for making a very intelligent observation on the subject. I have observed though that while you are correct in terms of numbers, the manner as you so eloquently put it does tend to be more personal and directed specifically at those posting anti-Trump sentiments.. so to put it simply.. yes, you are correct but the anti-anti-Trump sentiments tend to be nastier and more in the way of insulting the person posting. The anti-Trump sentiments may be considered irritating and they may not be popular but they are never personal attacks or slurs on people here.  
    As for me.. I just answer questions, whatever questions are posted I answer.. depending on what time I am around.. if it's a Trump related question then, as I say, I rarely miss a chance to say how much I dislike him.. but to go back to the original comment.. I could hardly be called obsessed; there are more obsessed with their obsession that I am obsessed :P
      May 28, 2017 2:43 PM MDT

May 28, 2017 2:24 PM MDT

Oh no need to make yourself cry Thrify.. a simple thank you would suffice.. I can't bear to think of you being so upset.. or were we trying to be sarcastic? hmm? Either way if you can just take a moment to look at my questions and the questions I answer and compare that with what's posted then you will see that much as you might prefer to be sarcastic and try to insult me.. you would be ignoring facts if you did so.  Still we all know there are those who prefer to believe what they want to believe, and who prefer to try to insult and belittle than to face the truth.. I'd just have hoped you weren't one of them.. 
      May 28, 2017 2:50 PM MDT

the 2nd one
      May 28, 2017 5:38 PM MDT