Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Would putting someone for purposely killing kittiens into a cage with a hungry Tiger be a fitting punishment?

Would putting someone for purposely killing kittiens into a cage with a hungry Tiger be a fitting punishment?

Posted - July 27, 2017

Responses

Cold, wet and starveling hungry. Surrounnd him with holos of giant trucks, as they would appear to a kitten, then hit him with a real truck- a glancing blow, to maim him. Then let him die slowly, as is often the case with a road-killed animal.

Please note, this is punishment for those who abandon or torture pets. Eradicating vermin comes under a different category, I've shot feral cats myself. The greater bilby is critically endangered, the lesser bilby belueved to be extinct - and cats are the reason. Sometimes an abandoned kitten survives - and becomes the most rapacious predator in the outback, no natural enemies.
      July 27, 2017 9:47 AM MDT

My sister in Florida tends many ferals. She is an idiot.
      July 27, 2017 9:57 AM MDT

I've got a brother like that, also in Florida. One of the cats scratched him and he ended up in the hospital with an infection. Did that stop him? No. When he got out, he went to the shelter and adopted the cat because it was going to be euthanized.
      July 27, 2017 10:06 AM MDT

My wife got bit by one on her arm. 8 days in the hospital and four surgeries later they released her.
      July 27, 2017 10:12 AM MDT

What is WITH you today?

Tending ferals is not bred from IDIOCY.   It is a way to control the population of ferals.   My friend, Irene, does this and has them spayed and neutered and then re-releases them.

Would you rather let them just get killed enmasse because your wife got bit by something one time?

Too bad, but that's life.  I got bit by a dog in my life too. KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!
      July 27, 2017 10:50 AM MDT

If you saw the pics of my wife's arm, you might change your mind.
      July 27, 2017 3:38 PM MDT

I would like to see feral animals killed en masse, for different reasons. Wild cats, rabbits and foxes do NOT belong in the Australian outback! They stuff up the environment and wipe out native wildlife. Releasing them is environmental rape - euthanize. No other solution makes any sense.
      July 27, 2017 11:54 PM MDT

• I kinda like it, yeah. Cat justice.
      July 27, 2017 9:49 AM MDT

No.  We have laws to deal with animal cruelty, many of which I believe go too far.
      July 27, 2017 1:51 PM MDT

First ... I would ask anyone proposing such a "solution" this:  What is the difference between cats (or dogs) and cattle or poultry?
      July 27, 2017 2:06 PM MDT

You make an interesting point but there is a difference.. we don't usually kill or torture cattle or poultry.. We do kill them for sure, for food but we don't kill them for sadistic pleasure or malice.. There's a difference..
      July 27, 2017 2:16 PM MDT

Lots of people will argue that we DO torture cattle and poultry, due to the conditions they are kept in.  Even people who eat meat.
    And, of course, there are people who keep livestock as pets.

There are also people who will claim that since hunting is "unnecessary", those who do so do it for "sadistic pleasure".

Regardless ... I was just pointing out that one man's food is another man's pet. (which I believe you understood)

July 28, 2017 1:51 PM MDT

Hi Walt.. yes, I am very aware of the inhumanities within farming and within the abattoir system... I think I did refer to that very briefly, or I meant to...  I've a friend who keeps sheep as pets..  very nice sheep they are too.... But the thing is.... that still doesn't change the fundamental difference.... torturing an animal for pleasure or malice is different to killing it for food.. Bear in mind I am very into compasion in farming, I eat free range eggs, I buy only Brit bacon/pork as the animal welfare standards are better than most etc.. so I am very into all that and very aware of the issues.. I am an anti-cruelty nut.. and yes, I have killed things, and would again if needed.. for food or to prevent suffering..   I am not into hunting.. we don't really have that here, well we don't have guns either.. so hunting's not something we do here.  
      July 28, 2017 2:02 PM MDT

I think I'd have to kick him in the goolies several times first.. it's only fair :P  

PS I do believe in caring for ferals...mostly they only exist because of our stupidity, carelessness and abandoning pets..so we really should man up and help resolve the problem.. Trap neuter etc is a GOOD  thing and it eventually reduces the population..  And caring for them by feeding and perhaps providing shelter is an act of humanity.. we may be the top dog on this planet but it comes with intelligence, (sometimes!) and responsibility to care for and not turn a blind eye to suffering that we caused in the first place. 
      July 27, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

Nope. Unless they can be re-domesticated, euthanasia is the only option. A cat can live twenty years - how many bilbies, dunnarts and numbats can it kill during that time?
    Yes, their existence is the result of human stupidity and brutality. Catch the culprits and punish them to the fullest extent of the law - but the result of that stupidity must also be dealt with. Pragmatically.
      July 27, 2017 11:58 PM MDT

definitely
      July 27, 2017 2:56 PM MDT

No it would be more fitting to throw them in a cage with me because I'd work them and let them know what kind of scum they are before I tore them apart. Cheers!
      July 27, 2017 4:10 PM MDT

How about just putting someone in that cage for capitalizing words that should be lowercase?  Oh, wait . . . 

(Cough, cough.)

Never mind. 
    ~
      July 28, 2017 12:38 AM MDT