Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump has apparently criticised the NHS, saying it's going broke - don't you just hate it when foreigners stick their nose in?

Trump has apparently criticised the NHS, saying it's going broke - don't you just hate it when foreigners stick their nose in?

and start voicing their opinions on other country's business and choices? Oh and he said Theresa May wasn't strong enough or forceful enough on Brexit negotiations.. 

And yes I am being tongue in cheek here.. we all know I am more than happy to comment on things outside the UK. Trump's icomments did make me think though.. we actually all, to a lesser or greater degree happily comment on things like that but we don't all acknowledge it 

Posted - February 6, 2018

Responses

Especially when they're right. 
      February 6, 2018 1:15 PM MST

Ah yes, I am always right. I am sure you meant me :P I agree on Brexit. But the NHS isn't going broke. that's factually incorrect.. I am not a huge fan of NHS - it's underfunded for sure, it's inefficient for sure but hardly going broke... and it won't because Govts have to keep it ticking over.. The problems, aside from inefficiency include that we have more people than ever to look after and an aging population and we all have higher expectations and demands. 
      February 6, 2018 2:10 PM MST

HEY you.  Give credit where credit is due.  

First of all two weeks ago he did not even know what Brexit was.  I am sure he still doesn't.  He heard it on FOX and FRIENDS probably.  He gets up and watches this show every morning for hours.  It is run by total morons who have the knowledge of what actually is occurring, of a grade-schooler.

A selfish, moronic gradeschooler.

Someone must have pointed out a picture of Theresa May too.  Even if they have met in person, he wouldn't remember her unless she has something he wants.   

We know the Trump game by now.

February 6, 2018 2:35 PM MST

Thank you for listening.
      February 7, 2018 4:55 PM MST

what is NHS?
      February 6, 2018 5:21 PM MST

Publicly funded National Health care System for England. 
      February 6, 2018 10:21 PM MST

• An English gastroenterologist was visiting a neighbour not long ago.
    He said the National Health Scheme cost 8% of the government's annual income from taxes, and that, from his conversations with his peers at international conferences, it is known as the best and most efficient health care system in the world.
    When I was living in London as a student and had a health crisis, the medicos admitted me to Whitechapel Hospital, saved my life, and charged nothing.

Trump has demonstrated his ignorance about foreign countries, and his unwillingness to be briefed.
    He was never trained in diplomacy.
      February 6, 2018 10:12 PM MST

Anything Trump says about healthcare is pure humbug. EVERY DEVELOPED NATION IN THE WORLD has nationalised healthcare to some degree - except the US. America spends more taxpayer money on its "user pays" system than anywhere else - but if you're poor, you die. The system doesn't work, the NHS may be unwieldy but it DOES work.

February 7, 2018 4:22 AM MST

Must be some of Trump's golfing buddies are CEOs of private health care insurers making multi millions annual saleries he wants to protect. 
      February 7, 2018 5:48 AM MST

yes
      February 11, 2018 2:55 PM MST