Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Do this mean that a church should loose its Tax excempt status if the parson talk about a lie Trump has told and say lying is bad?

Do this mean that a church should loose its Tax excempt status if the parson talk about a lie Trump has told and say lying is bad?

Link: https://ordinary-gentlemen.com/commonlaw/2017/02/03/targeting-lbjs-revenge/

Posted - February 26, 2018

Responses

Maybe.  Was the purpose of the statement in regard to the evils of lying or was the statement meant to disparage the president?

February 26, 2018 10:51 PM MST

I think all churches need to lose their tax exempt status.   It is ridiculous the amount of money they are keeping that could benefit the 1 percent.   They need more money.

Seriously, what the hell does a church need with tax exempt status?   They have more money than god most of them.
      February 27, 2018 12:45 AM MST

The Nuns of Waterford Ireland have amassed one and a half billions pounds and are still pleading poverty......
    Their crimes include running slave rings made up of unmarried mothers ......they got life sentences for theThe and had thier new born babies disposed of in a cesspit ......850 died from the last count  ......to date ,not one has faced justice.......They must pay off the police, the intire judiciary and Ireland government as well......

February 27, 2018 2:20 AM MST

What are you talking about? 

Amendment 1
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

We have two things we call a church: the one mentioned in the first amendment, and the corporation created by the Internal Revenue Code. The one is totally free from government control, the other exists solely by the government's permission.

So what are you talking about?
      February 27, 2018 4:10 AM MST

I am talking about trying to influence election results from the pulpit.

I quite agree that a pries can (and should) stress that lying is bad, in accordance with the rules in of the Bible. The question is about whether he should connect that to a named politician in an ongoing election. Read the amendment. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at February 28, 2018 10:33 PM MST
      February 28, 2018 10:31 PM MST

Read my reply again. There are two situations. You need to be sure which one you are talking about because the rules are different.
      March 1, 2018 1:34 AM MST

(loose lose)
    (Tax tax) Lowercase. 
    (excempt exempt)
    (talks)
    (says)

However, you do get an honorable mention for having omitted the apostrophe in the word "its"!
    :)
      February 27, 2018 5:58 AM MST

not sure
      February 28, 2018 3:57 PM MST