Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What was the name of the innkeeper who told Joseph and Mary that there was no room? ~

What was the name of the innkeeper who told Joseph and Mary that there was no room? ~

Posted - April 30, 2018

Responses

Patel
      April 30, 2018 7:29 AM MDT

Best. 
    Answer. 
    EVER!!!!!
    ~
      April 30, 2018 8:50 AM MDT

I don't get it. What am I missing as far as the humor others are seeing in your answer? Jokes go over my head quite often.
    :)
      April 30, 2018 9:06 AM MDT

A vast majority of hotel managers are immigrants from India who have the surname Patel. 
      April 30, 2018 12:10 PM MDT

Innkeepers from India are Patels.  Here in America many hotels are owned and managed by Indians.  Years ago I actually asked a man who owned several hotels about his name and he told me it was an innkeeper name.  It's a common surname in India and comes from two words meaning land and tenant (as I recall).  This conversation was a long time ago.  Ever since I have noticed the prevalence of Mr. Patels in hotels.  
      April 30, 2018 2:52 PM MDT

OMG I love this.....THERE WERE NO SUCH THINGS AS 'INNS" BACK THEN!!!

GUESTS usually stayed with the animals, where there was some heat from the living quarters below.

just one more asinine example of 'the bible' and all it truthfulness!!!!

but I loved your answer!!!!!  LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

:-D

:)
      April 30, 2018 8:34 AM MDT

https://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/was-there-really-no-room-in-the-inn
      April 30, 2018 10:48 AM MDT

• I don't know, but there's probably some apocryphal 2nd century text about his life and times. 
      April 30, 2018 9:32 AM MDT

Dave ,and he runs the Winchester Club in Shepherd Bush now........He had to get rid of his dirty smock obey the no socks  in sandels rule......
    He's Inn there if yore passing....and fof God sake don't get him started on religion as the last party he gave a room to claimed to have no money and turned up on a lop eared Donkey....:( 
      April 30, 2018 10:06 AM MDT

Junior or Bubba...I can't remember which.
      April 30, 2018 2:29 PM MDT

The Bible doesn't say.

(Luke 2:1-7) Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Au·gusʹtus for all the inhabited earth to be registered. 2 (This first registration took place when Qui·rinʹi·us was governor of Syria.) 3 And all the people went to be registered, each one to his own city. 4 Of course, Joseph also went up from Galʹi·lee, from the city of Nazʹa·reth, into Ju·deʹa, to David’s city, which is called Bethʹle·hem, because of his being a member of the house and family of David. 5 He went to get registered with Mary, who had been given him in marriage as promised and who was soon to give birth. 6 While they were there, the time came for her to give birth. 7 And she gave birth to her son, the firstborn, and she wrapped him in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the lodging place.
      April 30, 2018 4:06 PM MDT

Long explanation:  https://www.psephizo.com/biblical-studies/jesus-was-not-born-in-a-stable/
      May 1, 2018 1:11 AM MDT

I skimmed through that as well as a few comments. You don't believe that 'phatʹne' has anything to do with where animals are fed or kept?

MANGER, STALL
    The infant Jesus was laid in a manger and was seen there by shepherds, to whom the angelic announcement of his birth was made. (Lu 2:7, 12, 16) The Greek word for “manger” in this case is phatʹne, meaning “feeding place.” Phatʹne may also possibly apply to the stall in which animals are kept. (Compare Lu 13:15.) The Hebrew term ʼe·vusʹ is generally understood to mean “manger” and was rendered phatʹne in the Greek Septuagint, as were three other Hebrew words that have been translated “stalls” (2Ch 32:28), “enclosures” (Hab 3:17), and “fodder” (Job 6:5).
    In Palestine, archaeologists have found large troughs cut out of single pieces of limestone and measuring about 0.9 m (3 ft) in length, 0.5 m (1.5 ft) in width, and 0.6 m (2 ft) in depth. These are thought to have served as mangers. It may also be that, as in more recent times, mangers were cut in the rock walls of caves that were used for sheltering animals.

EDIT: Thought I would give the cited scriptures:
    (Luke 2:7) And she gave birth to her son, the firstborn, and she wrapped him in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the lodging place.
    (Luke 2:12) And this is a sign for you: You will find an infant wrapped in strips of cloth and lying in a manger.”
    (Luke 2:16) And they went quickly and found Mary as well as Joseph, and the infant lying in the manger.
    (Luke 13:15) However, the Lord answered him: “Hypocrites, does not each one of you on the Sabbath untie his bull or his donkey from the stall and lead it away to give it something to drink?
    (2 Chronicles 32:28) He also made storage places for the produce of grain and new wine and oil, as well as stalls for all the different kinds of livestock and stalls for the flocks.
    (Habakkuk 3:17) Although the fig tree may not blossom, And there may be no fruit on the vines; Although the olive crop may fail, And the fields may produce no food; Although the flock may disappear from the pen, And there may be no cattle in the stalls;
    (Job 6:5) Will a wild donkey cry out when it has grass, Or will a bull bellow when it has fodder? This post was edited by texasescimo at May 1, 2018 3:53 AM MDT
      May 1, 2018 3:48 AM MDT

Q "What was the name of the innkeeper who told Joseph and Mary that there was no room?"
    ===============================================================

Ochi Domatio, according to a reliable source
      May 15, 2018 7:15 AM MDT

not sure, cant remember his name
      May 20, 2018 5:40 PM MDT