Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Is it against the law to smoke outside in your State?

Is it against the law to smoke outside in your State?

Posted - May 28, 2018

Responses

Every body that visits who smokes already knows. Also...NO SMOKING when the grandkids are here.
      May 29, 2018 7:06 AM MDT

If I'm in a drunken State ,most likely they could smoke where and what they want to......god help them though when I sober up and find out they've been doing it in our house....:( 
      May 28, 2018 3:14 PM MDT

My brother lives in one of the 126 suburbs called "L.A." He recently decided that if I want to visit, I can't smoke anywhere in HIS city!
      May 28, 2018 6:20 PM MDT

I don't think so since I see people smoking outside all the time and nobody cares, just don't smoke in buildings unless it allows it, like a smoking bar or something.
      May 28, 2018 8:21 PM MDT

Depends on what you're smoking.

In general, tobacco is okay outdoors except in bus shelters or in the presence of children. It's also illegal to smoke in a car if there are kids in it. Indoors it's only okay in private residences. There have been rumblings to stamp it out in strata titled residences (home units/apartments/duplexes) or even in free standing homes which have children resident - but it's not likely to happen. Almost impossible to enforce. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at May 29, 2018 7:36 AM MDT
      May 28, 2018 10:09 PM MDT

Flagstaff, AZ banned smoking in restaurants. Business in town promptly dropped to nearly zero, and restaurants outside the city limits had a sudden jump in business. Soon after that, I heard that Sedona, which has only one road all the way through it, was thinking about doing the same thing, to get the town's legendary traffic jams to go someplace else. 

May 29, 2018 3:24 AM MDT

In the province of BC we are allowed to smoke outside because it's too far to cross the border into the US for a smoke. 
      May 29, 2018 8:32 AM MDT