Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » I stopped worshipping any kind of gods or God a long time ago. What do you think is there that is worthy of any kind of worship anyway?

I stopped worshipping any kind of gods or God a long time ago. What do you think is there that is worthy of any kind of worship anyway?

Is non-belief is a form of worshipping the devil,  the demons or Satan et al if they exist? 

Posted - June 27, 2018

Responses

Go within to your most good and sacred self and worship that part of you.

You are worshipping God.
      June 27, 2018 8:46 AM MDT

So you say. That does not make it so.
      June 29, 2018 8:53 PM MDT

ur silly

July 2, 2018 9:08 PM MDT

Worship, in the form taken in religion, to my mind, is a form of personal capitulation to fear of what is more or less unknown. Worship in this case is a prerequisite of [a] God’s favor, and in doing so creates, IMO, a hollow species of hope. 

Worship is also defined as an extravagant way of paying homage, though I’ve yet to encounter anyone I’d consider worthy of being worshipped. 

If I could imagine any one thing so deserving, I submit that the Sun worshippers of the distant past may have been onto something. 

Non-worship is just that, it isn’t homage to something else by default. That’s an empty claim of false religion instigating needless fear for it’s own ends. This post was edited by Don Barzini at July 13, 2018 11:17 AM MDT
      June 27, 2018 8:57 AM MDT

There is something there
    to be aware of, and worthy of
    your devotion too.
         It is deep within you,
    the absolute consciousness
    of God who lives within you as you.
         Believe in your Self.
    and Nothing else...
    for within your Self shines the 
    light of the universe.
      June 27, 2018 9:11 AM MDT

God is here whether you worship him or not.  If you choose to join back in, that's fine.  It's all up to you.  
      June 28, 2018 1:35 AM MDT

Well from the point of view of many of us who DO believe in God - you are going to worship something so if not God then you end up worshipping and serving only yourself. Or some other person or concept.  So you make yourself or them or it "god". 
      June 28, 2018 7:09 AM MDT

thats up to you
      June 28, 2018 3:43 PM MDT

Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed towards a deity. An act of worship may be performed individually, in an informal or formal group, or by a designated leader.

I'm convinced that the Abrahamic God exists, so my worshiping Him seems quite appropriate to me.
      July 2, 2018 11:06 PM MDT

Just living breathing Goddesses are intitled to that kind of adulation and devotion......it's a God given law in my book.... :)D
      July 3, 2018 2:58 AM MDT