Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do the mentally ill like to repeat themselves but just switch the words around a bit to look like they dont?

Do the mentally ill like to repeat themselves but just switch the words around a bit to look like they dont?

Posted - July 9, 2018

Responses

No mentally ill has discussed his/her preferences with me.
      July 9, 2018 5:28 AM MDT

Do the mentally ill like to switch the words around a bit to look like they don't and then just repeat themselves?
    ~
      July 9, 2018 5:34 AM MDT

Not they do, do they not?
      July 9, 2018 5:55 AM MDT

I am afraid that it doesn't work like that.. a person with a mental health condition is still a person, and as such they are prone to making exactly the same mistakes as all of us... I guess what I am saying too is that there is no link between having a mental health condition and the things you have said... 

A challenge again, because I actually do care, ... this makes you sound quite unkind. 
      July 9, 2018 9:02 AM MDT

Another serious answer to a silly question. Sheesh.
      July 10, 2018 4:28 PM MDT

July 11, 2018 8:55 AM MDT

(I caught on to its silliness about two days after posting my answer.)
      July 11, 2018 10:22 AM MDT

The 'not they do' stems  from a Cheech and Chong skit... Listen to a couple of phrases the interviewer says.
      July 11, 2018 10:30 AM MDT

That was FUNNY!! Those two are great, they always make me laugh. I don't think I caught the exact "not they do" but I caught the comic style.
    :)

"Buster the body Crabbe" - - so to speak. No surprise, I find Crabbe incredibly handsome.
      July 11, 2018 10:44 AM MDT

"You are from Canada, not you are?"
      July 11, 2018 10:45 AM MDT

and he's a "real travel bug."

I'm idiotic sometimes - - when I first listened it took a bit of a second to catch onto the "crab."
    "I was born on Big Red . . . Big Red the Logger" sealed it for me.

July 11, 2018 10:55 AM MDT

Does a person repeat him/herself? Possibly. My challenges quite often fall within the same challenges, so when I share, my friends are likely to hear similar things/issues from me.

Do I enjoy repeating myself? I don't know if "enjoy" would be the word for me. It seems to me that I just tend to ask for help and benefit from good friends who affirm me and encourage me, regardless if I repeat myself.
      July 9, 2018 9:08 AM MDT

some of them might do that but i dont think its all of them
      July 9, 2018 3:44 PM MDT

If this were the case, I have been mentally ill for sooooo many years, it would make your head spin.
    I do have a tendency to repeat myself verbally and literally.  It is dependent on who I am communicating with.  Sometimes, I'm not sure if they were listening or got the concept the 1st time.  I like to drive it home!

Yes. That is a full-on admittance to personal mental illness via repetition of a topic.

(I knew you got it the first time... but, I just had to make sure... I couldn't help myself!!!!!!!!!!! ;D! :) !!!!)
      July 10, 2018 12:44 PM MDT

Merlin: "No, Randy D, I will not release my financial information to you and allow you unrestricted access to my bank accounts."

Merlin: "Weren't you listening the first time, Randy D? I said certainly not, I will in no way release my financial information to you and allow you unrestricted access to my bank accounts."

Merlin: "Are you deaf or something, Randy D? You're out of your tilde-picking mind if you think I would ever give you my financial passwords so that you can drain my bank accounts. I know what happened to JaneS."

Merlin: "Who's on the phone, Don? Randy D, not again? Well you can tell him to forget it, I am not going to fund his crazy schene to plant grammar-microchips in newborn babies. Don't give him our financial information, he just wants our money. Hang up on him!"

Merlin: "Randy D, you know you don't really have any dirt on me for blackmail, you're just bluffing. Anyway, I refuse to let you see my finances. I know what you're after, bye!"

Merlin: "Wh..what...what time is it? Who is sending me a text at 1 in the morning? I can't believe this, its that crazy Randy D again. Ok, responding to him now --We won't will give you what you're asling for, so stop trying! Grrrrrrr. You will never get your hands on my bank account!"

~
      July 10, 2018 1:30 PM MDT