Discussion » Questions » Politics » Suppose President Trump were to offer you a high profile position in his administration, one you are just qualified for. Would you accept?

Suppose President Trump were to offer you a high profile position in his administration, one you are just qualified for. Would you accept?

I had a nightmare that this happened to me.  I would lose either way.   If I turned the offer down I would be scorned; and if I accepted, I would never do a good enough job and would probably leave in a hailstorm of criticism and media hype.  I chose the least immediate pain and accepted.  What would you do?

Posted - November 7, 2018

Responses

• No, I do have a little integrity about myself.
      November 7, 2018 5:45 PM MST

• Nope Nope Nope.

Not unless I could get the opportunity to leak valuable Administration inside information. 
    See, I don't care
    I can make a bundle on my 15 minutes of fame
      November 7, 2018 5:52 PM MST

For sure but only so I could con Trump into showing me were he is hiding the secret Russian tapes. Then I would bring a copy to Stephen Colbert but only if he first agrees to let me sing a song with John and the Stay Human band - I'm thinking the song I'm A Little Tea Cup would be a good one. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at November 8, 2018 7:10 AM MST
      November 7, 2018 6:17 PM MST

It would simply never work. I don’t support most of the President’s positions, find him personally offensive and I’m not amenable to kissing his a$$, at any price. 

That ought to assure the end of any further consideration of my eligibility. I need neither the income nor the notoriety. 
      November 7, 2018 6:41 PM MST

Nope.
    I feel the same as Don Barzini.
      November 7, 2018 8:12 PM MST

I've quit jobs working for far more respectable people than Trump purely because I did not agree with their morals. Not only would I not accept the position, but I'd wonder why I was targeted. I've been vocal enough about my disdain for him that there's no room to question my opinion of him. He'd be offering me a job knowing that. There would be an ulterior motive. I'm not important enough and I don't know enough people to be valuable, so it would be a curious situation indeed. I cannot come up with any kind of logical reason why I would be targeted, not even in my wildest dreams, so suffice it to say, I ain't waitin' on the phone to ring.
      November 7, 2018 8:28 PM MST

He might pick you to show that he make anyone dance to his tune.
      November 7, 2018 9:20 PM MST

Of course 
      November 7, 2018 8:32 PM MST

I have more pride and self esteem than that.  I'd rather hook on the street than work for him and at 73, for me to say that, you can imagine how poorly I think of him.  I wouldn't be able to look at him, let alone work for or with him.  
      November 7, 2018 8:49 PM MST

Proudly Yes.
    There are only a few fields where I feel I could make a contribution. One would be in American Architectural History, where I could be involved with preservation. 
    Another would be in municipal planning where I could encourage the development of zero emission cities.
    I would consider it an honor to be chosen to that high a position in further service to my country.
    I would be just as honored if it were President Obama, or any President. 
      November 7, 2018 9:06 PM MST

• He would eventually fire me when he found out I was dating Mueller!  lol
      November 7, 2018 9:54 PM MST

I would say no, Trump strikes me as the kind of boss who micromanage every employee he notice, then come back later claiming he said something else.
      November 7, 2018 10:12 PM MST

If I felt like I would be effective I would certainly consider it.  The biggest problem for me would be moving to the District.  I would hate living up there.  Maybe I could work out a work-from-home deal. 
      November 7, 2018 10:13 PM MST

Maybe he could use a good Poet Laureate?  Not too many poets are conservatives. I am.-------- "hated by millions, but they know not why, and the media, floundering in their own cess,  shake the President's honesty with their lies.  Flex your muscles, mighty Chief, and fight off all this sillyness!" 
      November 8, 2018 6:33 AM MST

Never ever

November 8, 2018 6:35 AM MST

i nnight
      November 8, 2018 10:55 AM MST

Nah.
    I don't want a position I'm qualified for ... I want to be like everyone else in government.
      November 8, 2018 2:32 PM MST