Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Have you ever been in charge of anything?

Have you ever been in charge of anything?

Posted - January 3, 2019

Responses

I was in charge of the grounds keepers and the grounds at the Millnor estate. She was  a cousin to the Queen of England and a bit eccentric  but we got along royally. When I first applied for the job I had 0% grounds keeping experience but she hired me because her dog took a liking to me plus  she said she could tell that I was the kind of man that could tell the difference between a pixie and a fairy. When she died she left her estate to the University of British Columbia which I think was cool and I hope she is resting in peace. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at January 4, 2019 7:16 AM MST
      January 3, 2019 9:27 PM MST

Yup when I was in the Navy and promoted to Leading Seaman I would sometimes be in charge of small work parties doing painting or scrubbing decks -chores like that. 

When I hired with CN rail as brakeman/yard switch man after 2 years you write a rules test and automaticly promoted to train conductor/yard switch foreman. The work is usually pretty straight forward long as one keeps familiar with the rules and keeps a good awareness of what is going on. 
      January 3, 2019 9:36 PM MST

I'm in charge of my shoe room....it's a full time job looking after them ......it's no easy feet I can tell you...My flats always appear down at the heel....and my boots aren't meant for walking....   Unlike Nancy's     Hehe ....:)D 
      January 3, 2019 9:56 PM MST

Lesson plans and classrooms - back when I was a part-time art teacher.

My own life and projects - pretty much ever since I left home.
      January 3, 2019 10:02 PM MST

Sure.  If you are a parent or a business owner or manager you get your fill of being in charge.  I've been avoiding board appointments for a few years because I just want to be.    
      January 3, 2019 10:24 PM MST

Yes, a credit card.  (Charge!!!)
      January 3, 2019 11:04 PM MST

Is this about the tilde collection or about the grammar lessons?

~
      January 3, 2019 11:08 PM MST

As an umpire, I'm in charge of each game.
      January 4, 2019 12:19 AM MST

I'm in charge of me and that's about it. 
      January 4, 2019 7:52 PM MST

• an entire restaurant at least five days a week 
      January 4, 2019 9:43 PM MST