ORANGE is the new BLACK?
Don Barzini
Discussion » Questions » Education » What do you think is the most enjoyable and effective way to learn maths?

What do you think is the most enjoyable and effective way to learn maths?

Posted - March 5

• 3072
    By paying someone else to do it for you.
      March 5, 2019 5:16 PM MST
    4

• in college my maths prof was very hot and i have never had an easier time learning maths 
      March 5, 2019 5:19 PM MST
    4

• 4073
    I just saw a news clip about a high school teacher that uses rhyming/rap to help teach math - in the clip she was helping her students understand an algebra problem using rhyme. According to her students it made it a lot  easier to understand and it was fun. Cheers!
      March 5, 2019 6:00 PM MST
    4

• 24910
    Good question. I didn't teach it, but I really liked learning it. It was fun. I think it is in the genes.
      March 5, 2019 7:28 PM MST
    2

• 7241
    Play doing math with my fingers. 
      March 5, 2019 7:59 PM MST
    3

• 13011
    Clean the house by deducing the mess down to the lowest denominator. Quite satisfying really.
      March 5, 2019 10:37 PM MST
    3

• 24910
    Where the heck have you been, young lady?
      March 6, 2019 6:43 AM MST
    0

• 626
    Hello there Nom de Plume.
    Find something in which you are interested where math can be practically applied.
    When I was young I  hated math, just didn't have a feel for it. My first time where math became an asset was while I was learning music and how to break down playing in odd meters, learning to use numbers to guide me. This was simple but it was the first time numbers made real sense and how helpful it was to my playing. Next was Architecture. I had to learn math that had always seemed un-useful to me, it made sense to me in what I was trying to achieve, math became useful, and it was  much easier to learn. I had a real application for it and I had a passion for that thing. 

March 5, 2019 11:13 PM MST
    2

• 40646
    I can only speak for me.  I need time and a good teacher and I am on my way.
      March 5, 2019 11:16 PM MST
    2

• 5849
    When I was in fifth grade I spent an afternoon planning a box. I had to measure boards and figure out where to put the nails on the sides so they would go into the center of the bottom board, considering that the bottom board was invisible from the side. 

The public school didn't try to teach fractions until sixth grade, but I was already a master by that time. Just because one day I got a ruler in my hand.
      March 6, 2019 6:15 AM MST
    1

• 22385
    playing gannes
      March 8, 2019 2:52 PM MST
    0