Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What was an incident in your life wherein you took up too much space? (In someone else's opinion.) ~

What was an incident in your life wherein you took up too much space? (In someone else's opinion.) ~

Posted - April 13, 2019

Responses

It's at home really.....I'm such an untidy person to sleep with....I tend to use the whole of our bed.........our bed is huge and I use all of it ,no matter who else is init....:) 
      April 13, 2019 4:43 AM MDT

I sometimes take up too much space in bed according to my cats. I sometimes don't take up enough space when my felines want to all sit on my lap
      April 13, 2019 8:11 AM MDT

• One time I was on a flight and a rather LARGE man ... with 2 seat belt extenders ... plopped down next to me.  He asked if I minded if he raised the arm wrest so HE could have more room.  Even though he squished me against the window .. he thought I was taking up too much space!  LOL!  (Luckily, the flight attendant had pity on me and moved me to another seat!)
      April 13, 2019 8:39 AM MDT

In a stuck elevator with a man and his Rottweiler the other day.  The space inside got smaller and smaller as the dog's teeth got bigger and bigger.
      April 13, 2019 9:30 AM MDT

No one's ever told me that I took up too much space.

I would regard a comment like that as unjust, unfair and abusive.
    Every human being deserves and has a right to whatever space their body occupies.
    and whatever space they need in order to lead a healthy life with freedom.

For the record, I'm 5'5'' and weigh 128 lbs - within the healthy range - well under the national average - considered small by most.
    I tend to move over and make room when others need space, and even on the roads allow lots of space for other drivers.

I have fallen out of bed during my sleep (which woke me up of course) due to another's tendency to spread.
    I didn't tell him that he took up too much space. I just moved to the couch and never slept in the bed again.

This post was edited by inky at April 13, 2019 11:45 PM MDT
      April 13, 2019 5:09 PM MDT

You do realize, don't you, that the question is merely in jest, right?

:|

April 13, 2019 8:57 PM MDT

Didn't realise it.
    Also didn't pay attention to the pic of the couple in bed, so interpreted it the wrong way.

It's been an issue in the news over here:
    - people on trains and buses verbally abusing morbidly obese people for taking up two seats when they've only paid for one,
    - airlines asking the weight of a customer and charging double for overweight customers,
    - students suing universities because the chairs broke under their weight and their spines were damaged,
    - hospitals and other places having to commission specially made beds and chairs to hold the weight of morbidly obese patients or residents,
    - insurance companies demanding much higher premiums on health insurance for overweight people,
    - politicians starting to argue over whether sugar should be taxed to discourage overconsumption of sugar,
    - whether overweight people should be entitled to free medical treatment for health problems caused by an unhealthy diet and insufficient exercise.
    - and big people starting to lobby for their rights, including the right to not be verbally abused every time they step outside their front doors.

Since most people on this site seem to not like serious answers, I'll abstain from now on.
    I'm sorry, Randy.

This post was edited by inky at April 13, 2019 11:49 PM MDT
      April 13, 2019 11:30 PM MDT

The 23 years I spent married to someone who only married me to prove a point to his father. 
      April 13, 2019 7:20 PM MDT

What was it he wanted to prove?

~
      April 13, 2019 9:00 PM MDT

People tell me that wherever I go. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at April 13, 2019 9:10 PM MDT
      April 13, 2019 8:10 PM MDT

• I don’t share a bed well when sleeping. I’ve been told that before. Not in those words, that I take up too much space, but I do. 

April 13, 2019 8:22 PM MDT

I was standing near the front of the bus because I was getting off soon then this fat person tries to push by me saying "YOU are taking up too much space at the front of the bus".
      April 14, 2019 12:27 AM MDT