Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Why are people afraid of bugs?

Why are people afraid of bugs?

Posted - October 25, 2019

Responses

I'll never tell.
    :)

And as far a that "Creepshow" scene in my original answer up there -  I remember sitting in the theater with a large audience and everyone literally shouted out in fright at that moment -- the scene builds terrifically to this moment -- 
    and the entire movie is comprised of five unrelated stories from a horror comic book that come to life. The movie is a horror/comedy movie.
    The movie's poster ads said "Creepshow - the most fun you've ever have being scared"
    And so far in my life, that remains true for me.

blahblahblah -- I'll be quiet now.

Image result for Creepshow the most fun you'll ever have being scared This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 28, 2019 8:44 AM MDT
      October 28, 2019 8:43 AM MDT

They are creepy. 
      October 27, 2019 8:46 PM MDT

Because the most dangerous ones can effect even the most powerful and secure computers in existence .......
    :( 
     I think the little bug'ers are akin to ear'wigs    :( 
      October 27, 2019 8:50 PM MDT

O.K.  That's it.  I am now totally grabbing some q-tips, changing my sheets, taking a bath and then shower, drying off my face and ears, COMPLETELY and then q-tipping again and again just to make sure.  
    From now on, I'm sleeping in my earbuds!!!!!!!!
      October 27, 2019 8:58 PM MDT

I'd strongly advise you never to go visit the Amazon  rain forest......There is a bug there that can enter your brain via your ear.....once in ,it begins to eat your brain....:( 

There is also a tiny slug like fish that can follow a man urine trail that had a wizz while swiming in rivers.......it's party trick is to swim up his ureather , once  in ,a spine on its back stops it from being pulled out ...

Just so you know for future reference...:)D 

This post was edited by Nice Jugs at October 28, 2019 8:25 AM MDT
      October 27, 2019 9:17 PM MDT

I am seriously going to have nightmares!  I have the heebie jeebies crawling all over me and Don will be having them in him!
      EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
      October 27, 2019 9:41 PM MDT

You can sleep easier if you don't know certain things ,that's for sure...lol
      October 28, 2019 2:07 AM MDT

I like it best when all three of them are singing at the same time. 

(I assume there are three of them, based on the picture. I never heard of them before. Cool!)

And, in a general way, I tend to like songs from maybe like the 1960's and before - - when songs tended to be at about 2:30 - 3:00 minutes long. They make their point and they're done -- as opposed to post-1960's songs - - when they go on for four minutes or something. That's great when I like the song - not-so-great when I find the song annoying.
      October 28, 2019 8:30 AM MDT

Me too! :) :)
      October 28, 2019 4:48 PM MDT

Google the Herbie Jeebie Blues. It was written by Louis Armstrong and sung in the video by the Boswell Sisters, who were quite a successful group in their time, recording for several different labels. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at October 28, 2019 7:59 PM MDT
      October 28, 2019 4:55 PM MDT

Thanks, Stu. Yeah, I'm zonked again at the moment but I hope to follow through. So Armstrong wrote the song, cool!
      October 28, 2019 8:00 PM MDT

Wow! You do know some amazing facts. :)
    Now I'm keen to look them up.
      October 28, 2019 1:55 AM MDT

I'm fascinated by nature and how we all evolved by chance and all by one tiny cell deviding and I suppose mutating maybe because of the very diverse world we live upon....
    They say that there is more life forms in the ground than those that live on top of it.....lol

Funny how you can't say exactly what you know until you need to recall it....lol
      October 28, 2019 2:04 AM MDT

• Unlike other animals, bugs (insects) exhibit no individual personality, which is what triggers a somewhat irrational "fear" in humans, who are accustomed to interacting with other life forms. 
      November 12, 2019 4:24 PM MST