Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Does the devil wear a suit and tie?

Does the devil wear a suit and tie?

Posted - March 22, 2020

Responses

The devil, if you believe in him, comes in all guises.

Being an atheist, I don't believe in Satan.

I understand human misdeeds as having various roots;
    genuine error,
    physiological abnormalities in the functioning of the brain,
    psychopathic personality disorders,
    drug addiction,
    or breakdown under the influence of extreme stress or PTSD.
      March 22, 2020 1:47 AM MDT

• Yes or no?
      March 22, 2020 1:57 AM MDT

I cannot give you a definitive yes or no.

No one has ever been able to prove, either with logic or evidence, the existences of a God or gods, Satan or devils, angels, fairies, elves, ghosts or any other alleged non-material sentient beings.

But the brightest people usually insist that, in the absence of proof of a proposed being, the best one can say is, "I don't know."

To me that's about the same as asserting that a giant pink turtle laid an egg and it hatched into being as the universe,
    and the turtle commanded that all new beings must swim at a least once during their lives,
    and all of them obeyed.
    And so henceforth, the only true faith has been belief in the One Great Pink Turtle and her Testaments as imparted by divine inspiration to her prophets.

I'm not smart enough to agree with the agnostic's point of view.

Theology asserts that the Devil comes in all guises - therefore, yes, he sometimes wears a suit and tie.
    I respect that others have the right to their beliefs, and I would not try to convert them to mine.

However, I don't believe it's even remotely possible that non-material sentient beings could exist - hence there is no such thing as the devil - hence, no - no such being wears a suit and tie.

You might want a single and clear answer, but I can't do better than this;
    from my point of view, the answer is no.

This post was edited by inky at March 22, 2020 1:22 PM MDT
      March 22, 2020 2:03 AM MDT

• Succinct.
      March 22, 2020 4:03 AM MDT

A mythical being hasn't a ghost of a chance of buying clothing.....plus where would kind Mr Satan get his money from to buy any.  
    Im affraid like all the imaginary God'dy things.   ...these idols don't exist...  :(
      March 22, 2020 4:47 AM MDT

The devil wears a red fur coat. In ancient times people would confess their sins into a vessel of blood then the blood smeared onto a goat then the goat driven away far into the wilderness removing the sins -evil thoughts and deeds- far away from the people. Then it was thought that the goat could absorb all these sins thus causing it to turn into a very evil beast thus 'the devil' concept -a blood red cloven hoofed animal with horns and tail. This post was edited by Kittigate at March 22, 2020 1:22 PM MDT
      March 22, 2020 6:16 AM MDT

I didn't know that aspect of the history of the scapegoat.
    Horrible but interesting.
    Thank you.
      March 22, 2020 9:11 AM MDT

The devil wears prada.
      March 22, 2020 10:33 AM MDT

He does but fashion wise it's evil. He wears colour  combinations  that should  only be seen on Halloween - like yellow and green. And his suit pants have vertical strips so they make his thighs look fat. Cheers!
      March 22, 2020 11:19 AM MDT

Prada
      March 22, 2020 11:26 AM MDT

No...she wears this:

March 22, 2020 1:24 PM MDT

He did the last time I saw him.
      March 22, 2020 6:22 PM MDT