Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Should the Access Hollywood tape be banned frome Donald Trump's upcoming rape trial ?

Should the Access Hollywood tape be banned frome Donald Trump's upcoming rape trial ?

Trump attorneys want to ban the tape because they claim it is irrelevant and highly prejudicial. I think the tape should be permitted because it shows what Trump's mind set is. Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - February 17, 2023

Responses

Haven't heard about any rape trial.
      February 17, 2023 1:17 PM MST

It is a civil suit filed by the reporter who claimed Trump raped her in a department store. She is suing for deflation etc.   

Not a criminal case, and she does not want to use the supposed DNA evidence she claims to have on the dress....
      February 20, 2023 4:45 PM MST

That is weird, talk about a red flag.
      February 20, 2023 5:35 PM MST

Nope, but I really don't think there's a potential juror who hasn't seen it! I also don't know how they'll manage to get a jury that doesn't contain at least one person who worships at the church of trump. As he once said, he could kill someone on the street right in front of them and his followers would still worship him. It boggles the mind! 

Cheers! 
      February 17, 2023 5:00 PM MST

If the jury contains one juror who worships at The Church of Trump, it actually won’t matter.  It’s a civil trial for defamation of character, not a criminal rape trial.  It’s a civil trial in New York so the standard is that only five out of six jurors need to find Donald Trump liable for defamation of character.  If it were a criminal trial, only then would the jury decision would have to be unanimous.

My source is juryduty101.com . This post was edited by Livvie at February 21, 2023 6:31 PM MST
      February 21, 2023 3:56 PM MST

So, not a rape trial. Got it. I'm a bit relieved, actually. I was thinking that I might be too far out of touch with the news, not having heard that he had faced rape charges. Hehe! 

Is this one of the (formerly) underage girls who alleged they were sexually assaulted by Trump at an Epstein "party"? I remember reading about multiple women coming forward several years ago. 

Just before I logged in here, I did just see a headline stating that he used campaign funds for personal legal fees and I think it was a Fox News story. I didn't click on the story. I'll just read Nanoose's post. :)
      February 21, 2023 6:06 PM MST

It should be whatever the law determines.  

From what I have seen in other cases, it should not be allowed. I have seen cases where the defendants past convictions were not allowed to be mentioned, I would think a audio tape of a would be less relevant than a actual conviction. 
    This post was edited by my2cents at February 21, 2023 6:32 PM MST
      February 17, 2023 6:15 PM MST

I think there's plenty of evidence of his mindset without it. Such as saying it didn't happen because she wasn't  his type,  which implies that he would have done it if he found  her attractive. Then in his deposition,  he thought a photo of her was actually his ex wife.  I think the jurors can do the math.
      February 17, 2023 6:16 PM MST

That douchebag is still an embarrassment on The people of America. 
      February 20, 2023 10:11 AM MST

A very wise man once said "you ain't seen nothing yet" and I think Trump is going to be proving that true big time soon. I also think a large majority of the American people are done with being embarrassed by Trump and now they want to hold him accountable for the embarrassment he put them through.   Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at February 21, 2023 6:07 PM MST
      February 20, 2023 10:54 AM MST

I agree with you 100% It's time that douchebag is held accountable. 
      February 20, 2023 1:42 PM MST

He's an embarrassment to the human race.
      February 22, 2023 11:51 AM MST

If beings from another solar system started life on earth Trump is probably a embarrassment to them too. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at February 23, 2023 7:38 AM MST
      February 22, 2023 2:05 PM MST

Of that I have no doubt.
      February 23, 2023 7:39 AM MST

He probably doesn't think he's capable of raping anyone. He's rich, so he thinks women will just "let you grab them by the p*ssy".
    (Before the usual suspect mods this into oblivion, HE ACTUALLY SAID THAT.)
      February 21, 2023 7:58 AM MST

No one "mods" your opinions....

Your quote is not a quote....it is a paraphrase. 
      February 22, 2023 5:54 AM MST

A Federal Judge has ruled that the Access Hollywood tape can be used in the civil rape case. U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan wrote "In this case, a jury reasonably could find that Mr. Trump admitted in the Access Hollywood tape that he in fact has had contact with women’s genitalia in the past without their consent, or that he has attempted to do so.”  Cheers and happy weekend!
      March 10, 2023 4:04 PM MST

Listen to the tape again..."They let you."  That is consent.
      March 11, 2023 8:14 AM MST

Sometimes during a rape the victim will give up and let the rape proceed so they don't get beat and the despicable act will be over. So maybe in Trump's mind he figured because she stopped struggling it was OK. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      March 11, 2023 8:43 AM MST

If there is a struggle....then they did not let anything. 
      March 11, 2023 9:43 AM MST