Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Can you point me towards a politically neutral news source?

Can you point me towards a politically neutral news source?

Posted - October 21, 2017

Responses

I think you are asking for the impossible Zack.... :(
      October 21, 2017 9:53 AM MDT

I'm only now finding that out.
      October 21, 2017 9:56 AM MDT

I think I've known that for about 25 years now....:(
      October 21, 2017 10:03 AM MDT

October 21, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

One of weather forecast, perhaps?
      October 21, 2017 11:36 AM MDT

The closest I know of is CSpan. Other than that I don't believe there is one.
      October 21, 2017 11:49 AM MDT

• I can't think of one either. It's not necessarily something we can realistically eliminate either. All people have biases, even subconscious ones. 
      October 21, 2017 12:19 PM MDT

I like the Faux-News-Fake-News-But-Very-Funny "The Onion."
    :)
      October 21, 2017 2:32 PM MDT

Thanks for the Pick, bud! You made me smile a lot.
    :)
      October 21, 2017 2:39 PM MDT

• Unfortunately, a politically neutral news source is not possible.
    For instance, in a democracy, even if a news editor practices a non-partisan policy with regard to left, right and other parties and lobby groups, there are still values that prioritise democracy over tyranny, communism, anarchy, monarchy or theocracy.
    News media tend to be conservative because they follow (report) what happens.
    One problem is that the majority of Western media sources are owned by some of the richest private moguls in the world, and these guys have a strong motivation to maintain the capitalist model of society. They select the editors-in-chiefs of the papers.

The best one can hope for is that the media centre has strong protocols for double and triple checking the evidence and expertise of sources of information, and that it consults the participants and people most affected on all sides of an issue.

Reuters is well known to be one of these.

There are now alternative news sources online who focus on giving more radically different points of view. Some  have specific agendas. Some are humorous and satirical, pointing out the ridiculous and illogical.

In Australia, the ABC is considered the most reliable, while The Conversation presents a wide range of background articles and discussion and Crikey.com presents the satirical. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 22, 2017 4:12 AM MDT
      October 21, 2017 2:34 PM MDT

There is no such thing.

Everyone has an agenda and honest people openly declare it. Neutrality, balance etc etc are just propaganda buzzwords of manipulative, usually leftist, ****s.

October 21, 2017 4:24 PM MDT

News is not neutral. One thing gets reported, another does not. The choice is determined by what one person considers interesting. Neutral has no place.
      October 21, 2017 11:46 PM MDT

No such animal exists.   
      October 22, 2017 1:00 AM MDT

• Debate.Org gives a list of 8 unbiased news sources. 1. Wikinews, Alternet, The Real News, Reuters, The Independent, PBS, BBC, Cspan. I don't know if this entire list of news sources is actually unbiased because I personally don't listen to them, but it it might be a place for you to start. I get my unbiased news from the local AM radio stations. Whether one is a Conservative, Liberal, Independent, Democrat, or Republican, my local news sources will call you out and report the unbiased truth. That sort of news reporting brings me back to the days when almost all news sources reported all the news in an honest, straightforward, unbiased manner. 
      October 22, 2017 4:13 AM MDT

wish i could but i have no idea where they are either
      October 22, 2017 4:40 PM MDT