Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do some religions that profess belief in the Bible teach that there are going to be animals in heaven?

Do some religions that profess belief in the Bible teach that there are going to be animals in heaven?

Posted - January 4, 2018

Responses

Because you do damage to those who prefer to interact with God according to the new reality He established with the death and resurrection of Christ.  Since you don't believe either in Christ's divinity or the Resurrection and its results--- including the sending of the Holy Spirit to guide men.

JW's are like the "flat earth" people.  You maintain the earth is really flat and preach that theory and its derivatives as if it they were true.
      February 6, 2018 11:16 AM MST

Quote: [Because you do damage to those who prefer to interact with God according to the new reality He established with the death and resurrection of Christ.  Since you don't believe either in Christ's divinity or the Resurrection and its results--- including the sending of the Holy Spirit to guide men.
    -JW's are like the "flat earth" people.  You maintain the earth is really flat and preach that theory and its derivatives as if it they were true.]

Did your priest tell you that? 
    JW's do believe that Jesus is divine but not God. JW's do believe that Jesus was resurrected and is in heaven now. JW's do believe that holy spirit guides us. Although sometimes personified, the holy spirit is not a ghost or person but God's active force by which he does things. It could be said that the holy spirit is God's finger, so to speak. 
      February 6, 2018 11:29 AM MST

No, the priests didn't tell me that---I was first exposed to the JW's about 50 years ago and I actually took the time to investigate them and their beliefs.

That you do not believe Jesus is the second person, the Word, of the trinity incarnate was always obvious---and that is the primary reason you improperly interpret the bible.

You may believe he is in heaven, but you do not realize how God becoming man also and redeeming mankind changed the nature of all of creation to the God to whom Jesus told us to ascribe "creation."

You can call the Holy Spirit anything you want, including "God's finger, so to speak," but it won't change the fact that He is the third person of the trinity and also God. 

So, not knowing that Christ is God and therefore not being able to understand what happened through His death and Resurrection, and also having no knowledge of the unique person called the Holy Spirit, you are unable---except by sheer luck---to accurately promulgate what the bible says.

You pretend to speak of what God said while ignoring the other two person in God.

No matter how much you dress it up and try to make it look and sound attractive, actually believing what you say has the same bad result as stomping on a flaming bag left on my porch.

February 6, 2018 11:51 AM MST

[I was first exposed to the JW's about 50 years ago and I actually took the time to investigate them and their beliefs.]
    Apparently not as you have been wrong on so many of our beliefs.

[That you do not believe Jesus is the second person, the Word, of the trinity incarnate was always obvious]
    We do believe that Jesus is referred to as 'The Word". Rev 19:13 'Second person' of the trinity, God 'incarnate' are your later false additions.

[You can call the Holy Spirit anything you want, including "God's finger, so to speak," but it won't change the fact that He is the third person of the trinity and also God.] 
    No where does the Bible mention a trinity or a first, second or third person of a trinity. You think that holy spirit is not equivalent to 'God's finger'?

[You pretend to speak of what God said while ignoring the other two person in God.]
    Where can I read of 'the other two person in God'?

Why do you assume God is a nameless trinity without even investigating the Bible with an open mind?
      February 6, 2018 5:02 PM MST

some might, guess we'll find out when we go there
      January 4, 2018 3:50 PM MST

It would be sad to think all my little animal buddies won't be waiting for me in heaven.
      January 4, 2018 5:29 PM MST

Yes, that would be sad. It also looks like I may be mistaken:
      January 4, 2018 6:05 PM MST

Yes,. some religions do teach that.  Personally, I do believe there will be animals in heaven.  Maybe not my long lost pets, but then again...?  I believe that heaven isn't going to be exactly like many picture it to be.  Since this creation is all we know, we assume that heaven will be physical as well.  But how can our finite minds, which can barely comprehend this creation, even dare to imagine the true realities of heaven?  Yet the true reality of heaven is that it's where God is.  Period.  Does it really make any difference what it looks like or if there're animals there?   Frankly, i just want to be where God is (heaven) and not where He isn't (hell).  Everything else is merely icing on the cake.
      January 4, 2018 6:12 PM MST

?? This looks like you have a menu of words and you choose one from column A, one from column B, and so on until you have something that looks like a question.

"Religion" is made up by men telling each other what to do. If you want to worship random men, go ahead. If not, then it does not matter what they believe or what they teach.

If you believe the bible, you end up with no religion at all: you are a son of God with no relation to what men tell you to do. We observe that most people who claim to believe the bible actually think they have a better idea.

The bible does not say much about heaven other than it's going to be better than you can imagine. Tribal myths recall a time when there was no particular distinction between men, animals, angels, and stars.
      January 5, 2018 4:53 AM MST

Quote: "?? This looks like you have a menu of words and you choose one from column A, one from column B, and so on until you have something that looks like a question."
    REALLY? 
    And I thought I had a real question based on a real conversation that I had. Guess I should have checked with you first.

Sorry for the confusion or perhaps you answered the wrong question? I can see how answering 18 questions in an hour would limit your time in thinking about the questions asked though. Others seem to get what I was asking. You want to reread it and see if you have an answer to the question? 
      January 5, 2018 5:50 AM MST

Quoting from your post: "In the nineteenth century, Pope Pius IX was the first pope to officially declare animals soulless and thus unable to enter heaven."

You can see from this that even popes don't know what they are talking about. Soul is a Hebrew concept, a synonym for a living breathing creature. When the creature stops breathing, the soul is dead. The bible says elsewhere that flesh shall not enter heaven. It is rather remarkable that the head of a church never read that verse. It might be relevant that the bible says Jesus is the head of the church, so this pope fellow is a poseur. He has not learned his business, and laymen engaged in idle chatter have not learned it either.

The whole bible records the fact that humans almost always think they have a better idea than God had. God said don't eat that fruit. Eve said don't even touch it. God told Moses to speak to the rock. Moses bashed it with a stick. God said when you die you go in a grave and you have no awareness. People say when you die you go to heaven and ... no limit to the made up bullsnot about heaven. In fact the bible says nothing about heaven except that it's going to be better than anyone can imagine.
      January 5, 2018 10:16 AM MST

Sorry if I was a bit harsh.
    The Pope's seem to have been back and forth. 

I agree with most of this comment. Some of these may be what you had in mind:
    (Ezekiel 18:4) Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.
    (Psalm 146:3, 4) Do not put your trust in princes Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.  4 His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish.
    (Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.
    (Ecclesiastes 9:10) Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.
    (Job 14:14, 15) If a man dies, can he live again? I will wait all the days of my compulsory service Until my relief comes. 15 You will call, and I will answer you. You will long for the work of your hands.
    (1 Corinthians 15:50) But I tell you this, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s Kingdom, nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

The Bible does give a bit of detail about heaven. What do you think that those that go there are going to do there? King David, John the Baptist and others that died before Jesus went back to heaven to prepare a way for those going there didn't go to heaven. Where do you think all of those are going?

(Acts 2:34) For David did not ascend to the heavens, but he himself says, ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand
    (Matthew 11:11) Truly I say to you, among those born of women, there has not been raised up anyone greater than John the Baptist, but a lesser person in the Kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is.
    (John 3:13) Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but the one who descended from heaven, the Son of man.
    (John 14:2, 3) In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be.
      January 5, 2018 2:08 PM MST

Q "Do some religions that profess belief in the Bible teach that there are going to be animals in heaven?"

If they're promising heaven to their followers then I expect they have to teach that there are going to be animals in heaven, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a heaven if for them
    they couldn't be reunited with their pets, or
    couldn't go horse riding, or
    couldn't have their favourite hamburger

Also, no image of heaven would be complete without floral gardens, and of course, beautiful butterflies

But what if the roles were reversed in heaven and the human kingdom became subservient to the animal kingdom, would humans be eager to see any animals in heaven? 
      January 6, 2018 9:08 AM MST

Curious, according to the Quran, what are those that go to heaven going to do there?
    Will any fleshly bodies be there?
    I assume no animals?
      January 8, 2018 11:48 AM MST

Curious, how almost every time you see a post from me you bring up the Qur'an or some other aspect of Islam even though the question, the thread or my post has nothing to do with Islam.

Anyway, when there is so much speculation about Jesus who people say walked the earth with them, then one can imagine how much speculation there will be about heaven which no people have physically walked in or seen or even claim to have physically walked in or seen.
      January 9, 2018 11:35 AM MST

I was just asking you a question that I thought you would be able to and happy to answer.
    You neither answered my original question nor gave any relevant comment to the context of the question.
      January 9, 2018 2:25 PM MST

Well at least the Quran is open to the idea of sex and other earthly joys in heaven.

Jesus (and the page linked below) downright throws it out
    https://www.gotquestions.org/sex-heaven.html This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at February 6, 2018 10:44 AM MST
      February 6, 2018 7:09 AM MST

I've read something, hadith maybe, that says something around 70 or so virgins for some type of reward for Muslims?
    I know that those that go to heaven according to the Bible, will not be having sex. Neither male nor female like angels. Those on earth that survive armageddon will still have to fill the earth. Not positive about those resurrected on earth being married or not?
      February 6, 2018 10:44 AM MST

I can imagine existence in a spiritual state; no individuality or identification wheather one was human,  animal or bedbug.

Buddha used the term 'consciousness' instead of spirituality suitable for non-believer in supernatural. 
      February 6, 2018 9:39 AM MST

The Buddhists believe that we were once animals and that by behaving ourselves we were reincarnated over and over again till we had gone  up through the hierarchy  to become human beings.

And then later, if we're good,  we reach the nirvana.

Each time we die, we all melt  into one sort sort of giant cosmic ocean, a bit like each and every one of us are just like a wave on an ocean until we become reincarnated again. 

In which case, I suppose animals must also take their turn to be a part of that ocean, before they become human beings.   
      February 6, 2018 11:07 AM MST

There are some animals, that seem so much gentler, and kinder than a lot of  human beings, that I think it would be most unfair if they didn't have the right to heaven.  But then, given how unfair God can be......

Isn't there enough space for them up there?
      February 6, 2018 11:13 AM MST