Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » When you have been wronged, do you ever seek revenge?

When you have been wronged, do you ever seek revenge?

I don't.  I feel the most empowered when I have some sense of forgiveness; even if it means I choose to not have contact with someone again.  How about you?

via GIPHY

Posted - March 21, 2018

Responses

No - I might think about it and come up with ideas, but I never actually carry them out.  I've learned that karma is a biotch and if I wait, revenge is dealt without me lifting a finger. 
      March 21, 2018 2:04 PM MDT

Ah, to fantasize!  Yes, I would be a liar if I didn't have all sorts of thoughts of a baddy getting back what they dish out.  But a lot of times they DO get it back, but not by our hand.  
      March 21, 2018 4:00 PM MDT

I have found that to be the case almost all the time. :)
      March 21, 2018 8:18 PM MDT

Depending on,but not always....I do like the last word and really fuse on certain unjust things....
      March 21, 2018 2:11 PM MDT

I used to really get so frustrated when I couldn't have the last word, but now I much prefer to let someone make an arse of themselves and leave them to stew in their own words.  I really do believe there is power in that.  Once someone crosses a certain line, I am done and they can have all the last words they want.  I'm not listening.
      March 21, 2018 4:03 PM MDT

Why should you stand for it .....be polite up to a point.....but then go for the Jug'ular .....do it so everyone can hear as well...:) 
      March 21, 2018 4:18 PM MDT

Trust me, you do not want to push PeaPod into a corner.
    She is no pushover.
      March 22, 2018 3:14 PM MDT

:)
      March 22, 2018 3:36 PM MDT

No, for my own peace of mind, I don't give them that power over me. I don't behave like that and I wouldn't want to change my behaviors for someone who is lacking in ethics or morals. It's far better for me to let it go an move on as best as I can. 
      March 21, 2018 3:20 PM MDT

Exactly right.  It took years for me to really understand that in my heart.  Some people simply don't deserve our effort at all.   
      March 21, 2018 4:07 PM MDT

For sure  because  if you don't people think your a push over or a punk and they will keep doing you wrong. Cheers!
      March 21, 2018 5:17 PM MDT

Surprisingly, I have less of a problem of being a push over since I have learned to vocalize my boundaries first then walk away when someone doesn't respect it.  I'm pretty sure that people that know me know I will not stand for abuse.  I've had my share in the past because I was "too nice".  Those that have wronged me are simply out of my life.  I don't need anything more.
      March 21, 2018 6:47 PM MDT

Justice, yes.  Revenge, no.
      March 21, 2018 5:39 PM MDT

Justice is always nice to have.  I certainly will seek it if it can be had and it's worth my while.  
      March 21, 2018 6:51 PM MDT

Yes, that is my initial reaction and then I take the next breath and I again realize I am a mature adult.   Then I let go of any retarded desire such as revenge.

Let go and let God.

March 21, 2018 6:49 PM MDT

Completely agree.  It is natural to want it at times.  But like you, I will let go of wanting it for real.  

I too believe I need to give it over to God when I can't handle it.  So far, it's been working for me.
      March 21, 2018 6:57 PM MDT

I want to attract people like you into my life, not evil, revengeful people.  And I don't really get to choose who does enter, but I do get to choose how I react.   Maybe, if I consider a few things, I can see this challenge can be a great gift.   Someone comes up and bullies me and I don't react and they keep it up and I give them a loving look of understanding.  Maybe, I turn someone around that can still be reached.   Maybe that one show of tenderness made a difference and inspired him/her to do the same and pay it forward.

I can then feel a lot better about the outcome than nursing a wound in my head and re-telling myself how I really got that guy.  So, empty and toxic.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 22, 2018 3:03 PM MDT
      March 21, 2018 8:22 PM MDT

I feel you.  I really do.  I sure didn't get like this overnight.  Parts of my life have been a living nightmare.  Those closest to me know of some of those challenges I still face.  I suppose after having enough happen to you, it puts things in perspective.  EVERYTHING used to get to me and it made me an easy target.  I clearly see it now.  I didn't see it then.  I just thought I was destined to have a pretty miserable life.  But somehow, I started to see what I could control and what I couldn't.  In the last decade, I have had some wonderful people come into my life and slowly help me grow.  I also gave up a few toxic people that were killing me inside.  

I think you have what it takes to move forward.  Make no mistake.  I still fall backwards, but somehow I get up again and do it a lot faster.  

I always believed that people come into our lives for a reason.  If we are lucky enough to recognize the ones that are good for us, there is no stopping us.  
      March 21, 2018 8:59 PM MDT

Living well is the best revenge. Especially because you don't have to argue with some d*m judge.
      March 21, 2018 8:18 PM MDT

Inspiring. 

Thanks.

March 21, 2018 8:20 PM MDT

Absolutely agree with you! 

I became estranged from a younger sister after our mother died when I found out who she really was.  It broke my heart.  I could not understand where all her hate came from since she waited for our parents to both die before lashing.  Sadly, she still lashes from what I hear.  She has lost many great people in her life because of it and that makes me sad for her.  Although she hurt me deeply, she has not made me bitter.  If anything, it has made me appreciate the good people in my life, all the more.  

March 21, 2018 9:12 PM MDT

That really is the best revenge.
    My ex-husband said I would never make it without him.
    I not only made it without him, but I have lived happier and better then he has without me.
      March 22, 2018 1:29 PM MDT

No because that would be selfish. The world does not revolve around me. 
      March 22, 2018 5:18 AM MDT

I call it self respect and integrity.  I rather hold my head up and walk away than enact revenge, just for the sake of revenge.
      March 22, 2018 7:37 PM MDT

Its negative to put your energies into revenge.  Better to do something positive with your energies. 
      March 24, 2018 4:16 PM MDT