Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » The U.S told you Iraq used chemical weapons and we went to war. Now its telling you Syria is using them and so we war.

The U.S told you Iraq used chemical weapons and we went to war. Now its telling you Syria is using them and so we war.

Is it the same okey doke or this time the dokey oke?

Posted - April 14, 2018

Responses

I don't believe that Assad would do this for a moment. Makes no sense.

People have short memories. Evidently the same sh*t does work twice. 

I am TrumpianZeitgeist no longer. It looks like Trump has been compromised, or is isolated and surrounded by people feeding him fake intelligence. He is kowtowing to the new world order like a little b*tch. I'm done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WuPFlMThw
      April 14, 2018 8:25 AM MDT

Well welcome to the good guys side. Cheers and happy weekend!
      April 14, 2018 8:54 AM MDT

Oh Zeit - I love you and want to marry you now :P We agree on this... we may not agree on everything still :P
      April 14, 2018 11:22 AM MDT

The hawks have found that Trump is a sucker for propaganda. Unless Assad incredibly did do it, the missiles have been a massive waste of money having deterred nothing and strengthened the hand of the Daesh terrorists.  Fortunately Russia had the sense not to waste its own resources on using its S400 in defence. 
      April 14, 2018 8:42 AM MDT

No telling. What is for sure is that it does not belong to man to rule and all the nations are being led to the slaughter. Most seem to think that their Country is of God and will sacrifice their children to their nation. Rather or not the Syrian government did it, mothers in Syria, U.S., Russia, etc will be willing to proudly sacrifice their children to the war god. 
    Huitzilopochtli?

(Jeremiah 10:23) I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.

(1 Corinthians 10:20, 21) No; but I say that what the nations sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers with the demons. 21 You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons.

(Luke 4:5-7) So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time. 6 Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 If you, therefore, do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.”

(Revelation 16:14) They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

(Revelation 12:7-12) And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. 10 I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! 11 And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. 12 On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”

(John 12:31) Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
    (John 14:30) I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me.
    (Ephesians 2:2) in which you at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience.

(2 Corinthians 10:3, 4) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things.
      April 14, 2018 9:47 AM MDT

Ecclesiastes 3:8: a time to love, and a time to hate; a  time for war, and a time for peace.

But to you of all people, I surely I do not need to point out that bible verses can be used to prove  or disprove just about anything. This post was edited by tom jackson at April 14, 2018 4:15 PM MDT
      April 14, 2018 4:05 PM MDT

Context Tom, have you heard of context?
    Have you heard of Jesus? If so, do you think anything changed after his death? Do you realize that Ecclesiastes was before Jesus? The Bible is not just a jumbled free for all as you have been taught. I know this is foreign to you but...

(Galatians 3:13) Christ purchased us, releasing us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse instead of us, because it is written: “Accursed is every man hung upon a stake.”
    (Colossians 2:14) and erased the handwritten document that consisted of decrees and was in opposition to us. He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake.
    (Hebrews 9:15) That is why he is a mediator of a new covenant, in order that because a death has occurred for their release by ransom from the transgressions under the former covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the everlasting inheritance.

(Romans 12:17-21) Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. 18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. 19 Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay,’ says Jehovah.” 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head.” 21 Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.

Although out of context, it is refreshing to see you give a scripture. I am sure your Church has used that in support of their atrocities throughout history. 

In support of NAZI Germany - Time for war
    Catholic Hutu's genocide against Catholic Tutsi's - Time for war
    Catholics and Protestants Northern Ireland - Time for war
    Pretty much every time someone wanted something someone else had throughout 1,700 years of Catholic history - Time for war

I know you didn't get the sense of this but...
    (1 Corinthians 10:20, 21) No; but I say that what the nations sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers with the demons. 21 You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons.
    (2 Corinthians 10:3, 4) For though we(Christians) walk in the flesh, we(Christians) do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things.
      April 14, 2018 4:45 PM MDT

Lol---It is you that has shown me that the bible is a "jumbled free for all" when not understood with the help of the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit.

You have decided what you want the bible to say, and then you quote it to prove your point.

The ultimate question is whether my view of God and His creation is correct or whether yours is.

And denying the divinity of Jesus Christ leaves you with a gaping hole on the road to understanding what Christ said and why He said it.

Only you can fix that in yourself.
      April 14, 2018 5:25 PM MDT

You have no understanding of the Bible at all. Perhaps you were around before Catholics were aloud to read the Bible and afraid to read it. Although it still is not encouraged as it exposes Catholicism as false, you are aloud to read it now.

Where did I deny that Jesus was divine? He is not part of a trinity. 

Are you eager to kill your Catholic brothers in other Countries when your Bishop tells you to or just reluctantly willing? A time to kill could come up in your Church again.

EDIT: Where did I show you that the bible is a "jumbled free for all"? Most of our threads have you asserting some sort of victory in biblical understanding because you believe in a nameless three headed trinity god of hell fire. Never have you given a scripture in context. Nope, not even once. Lol
    This post was edited by texasescimo at April 14, 2018 6:03 PM MDT
      April 14, 2018 5:53 PM MDT

You have shown me that the JW interpretation of the bible is a "jumbled free for all"---you show it in the conclusions that you derive from it.

So Jesus is divine (a god) just like Jehovah?---Which god is the real god?---Jesus or Jehovah?

Do you think that a war to prevent ISIS from continuing to kill innocent people is unjust?

And you say I have "no understanding of the bible at all."

Here's the category in which I file such statements by you:  Wishful Thinking 

(Wishful thinking is the formation of beliefs and making decisions according to what might be pleasing to imagine instead of by appealing to evidence, rationality, or reality. It is a product of resolving conflicts between belief and desire.)
      April 16, 2018 12:45 PM MDT

Jehovah is the only True God but there are many that are called gods.

Don't know where to start as you really don't appear to have any biblical knowledge, not even basic.
    By your reasoning, was Moses the real god or Jesus or Jehovah? What about the judges in Israel?

Exodus 4:16 (KJV) And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.

Exodus 7:1 (KJV) And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

(Psalm 82:6) “I have said, ‘You are gods, All of you are sons of the Most High.

(John 10:33-36) The Jews answered him: “We are stoning you, not for a fine work, but for blasphemy; for you, although being a man, make yourself a god.” 34 Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’? 35 If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified— 36 do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?
    (John 17:1-3) Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, 2 just as you have given him authority over all flesh, so that he may give everlasting life to all those whom you have given to him. 3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    (1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
    (1 Corinthians 11:3) But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.

(Psalm 83:18) May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
    (Isaiah 42:8) I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.

Quote: [...And you say I have "no understanding of the bible at all."
    Here's the category in which I file such statements by you:  Wishful Thinking ...]

That's a fact jack. If you did, you wouldn't be Catholic.
      April 18, 2018 5:14 AM MDT

Iraq did use chemical weapons...that is not disputed.
    Whether or not Assiad did is still in dispute. We are holding back because we don't want all out war in Syria. Hitting just the chemical factories does not hurt.....Assad if he did it or not. And it does not help or hurt the Islamic State either...we do not want chemical weapons used on anyone even them. This post was edited by my2cents at April 16, 2018 3:33 AM MDT
      April 14, 2018 10:04 AM MDT

Good point. :)
      April 16, 2018 3:34 AM MDT

As I understand it the chemical Weapons Iraq used against Iran was given to Iraq by the USofA.
      April 14, 2018 10:24 AM MDT

Iraq also used chemical weapons on Iraqis. Google "Chemical Ali"
      April 14, 2018 10:28 AM MDT

Yes, mostly the disenfranchised Kurd's. Where Saddam got those VMDs from I do not know. He may have made them himself.
      April 14, 2018 10:42 AM MDT

April 14, 2018 10:44 AM MDT

War is not a verb. We wage war or we go to war. We do not war.
      April 14, 2018 10:47 AM MDT

Like most nouns war is sometives used as a verb "warring Nations"
    or: Russia vs USA: Are we going to war with Russia?
      April 14, 2018 11:04 AM MDT

Wrong. In your example, warring is an adjective modifying the noun nations.
      April 14, 2018 12:31 PM MDT

As I said in another post.. this has a deja vu feeling about it... 
      April 14, 2018 11:18 AM MDT

Russia tells you that the Uk planted the chemical weapons. Should they take out Porton Down?
      April 14, 2018 12:33 PM MDT

That's your war and not mine. Keep me out of it.
      April 16, 2018 5:46 PM MDT