Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are some unwritten rules we all seem to adhere to? Ex: Your groceries must never touch other people's groceries.

What are some unwritten rules we all seem to adhere to? Ex: Your groceries must never touch other people's groceries.

Posted - July 15, 2018

Responses

I have always wondered that Randy.  Why is that?  The same unspoken rule about fighting.  I have seen guys beat each other to a bloody pulp but never kick each other in the balls.  It would certainly save on dental and medical repairs if you all just got straight to the point and leveled your opponent. 
      July 15, 2018 1:54 PM MDT

I was going to use the unwritten law/rule that men also have about not looking at each other while peeing in a public bathroom as my example.  That is what brought this question to mind.  Why is that?  Are you afraid the other guy might intimidate you? Or vise versa??  Why Element?  Why?  Why don't you size each other up... why?  You most certainly know women would. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at July 16, 2018 12:36 AM MDT
      July 15, 2018 1:45 PM MDT

It's because no man wants to be accused of being a meat-gazer. Think of how well-known it is that men are visually stimulated, so by default, if one guy actively attempts to see another guy's Polish sausage, it might mean that he's queer for his gear. 

~
      July 15, 2018 3:37 PM MDT

This is framable! 
    Randy, no one has ever been so accurate and so colorfully descriptive as you are in this answer.  I take my hat off to you! 
    Now, I GET it!!
    Thank you.  Big Hugs and Loves :) :) 

July 16, 2018 1:20 AM MDT

Never heard of that one.  Goodness talk about making life difficult for yourself! What do they think will happen - you will get their "germs" and become ill?  The assumption being that other people are more ill than we are.  Now that is crazy bigotry.  

Sure I have my own "rules" like before I go out I always check my kitchen to see that everything is turned off.  But there are some people who in whatever situation, if you sneeze, feel called upon to say "God bless you".  Which just makes you feel so singled out and scrutinized you just want to disappear!  Like what is that they need to call attention to the fact that we perhaps don't have as much control over ourselves as they think we should have?  Over the years I have learned to suppressor dissipate or cover my sneezing and I think I do it pretty well.  People can be so crazy and judgmental over nothing at all. 
      July 15, 2018 7:27 AM MDT

10. At work, the people who complain about way the coffee tastes never make the coffee. 

9.  Even if and when she has numerous pockets in her outfit, the average woman still has to carry all of her junk in a purse, she can't just put her stuff in her pockets.

8.  While driving, women cannot glance over at any men in surrounding cars, or else the men get the wrong idea, misinterpreting eye-contact as "I want you".

7. The more nostalgic value an item has, plus the number of years you've been saving it, mean absolutely nothing when your wife goes on a purge and either donates it to a thrift store or throws it in the dumpster. 

6.  The tiny pebble that flies off the back of that gravel truck will always find your windshield (windscreen).

5. When you were single, you felt alone and lonely, you never got laid, so you decided to marry, and now you feel alone and lonely, you never get laid, but to make things worse, everyone you wanted to have sex with when you were single now hits on you and you're always tempted to cheat.

4. Pets never destroy that item that you don't want or don't care about. 

3. If you manscape or ladyscape in anticipation of getting some action later that night, it'll never happen. Conversely, an unexpected opportunity for a romp will come along when you're unbathed, outgrown like a primate, and wearing your missed-laundry-day-over-a-week-ago underwear. 

2.  The person in front of you in line st the grocery store NEVER has a simple, quick or issue-free transaction. 

1.  The traffic cop never pulls you over when you're just out for a leisurely drive with no particular arrival time in mind to reach a destination. 

~

July 15, 2018 8:18 AM MDT

11. When two or more men go to a movie theatre together, they CANNOT sit directly next to each other, they must leave an empty seat in between themselves.  This includes best friends, war buddies, co-workers, business partners, close relatives, distant relatives, brothers-in-law, prisoners who are shackled to each other, conjoined twins, neighbors, etc. Excluded are two or more movie critics and any men in a love relationship or openly sexual relationship with each other. (Oh, wait, that's the same thing as movie critics, so I'm being redundant. Sorry.)

~
      July 15, 2018 12:55 PM MDT

12. Wait staff and dentists cannot ask you a question if and when your mouth is empty and you can answer freely. It's taught to them at their training schools.
      July 15, 2018 12:57 PM MDT

Excuse me, as slobber is drooling its way down my chin, did you have yet another very cool unwritten rule?  I see you did!!  You're on a roll.  I hear ya.  I was just at the dentist getting a root canal and with all the crap and drill in my mouth, he says, "Is that painful?"  What are you to say??  Nothing!  You can't!  I had every dentist utensil known to mankind hanging out of my mouth and his hands!!  Sooo Very True!!  They must teach that during their intern years. :) :)
      July 15, 2018 2:11 PM MDT

It's getting up after that's difficult...,:( 
      July 15, 2018 2:36 PM MDT

You make me smile.  Nice closing! ;)
    What amazes me is most people expect women to be all about pillow fights and talking and sitting and sleeping together without a problem.  Society puts the weirdest messages out the the different sexes it is no wonder we are all a little confused at times.  I agree.  I think the whole status quo thing is bunk. 
      July 16, 2018 1:13 AM MDT

You lost me at the pillow fighting. After that, it was difficult to concentrate on anything else. 
    ~
      July 16, 2018 5:26 AM MDT

Randy, these are classic!!!  I LOVE them!  I read them out loud to Don and we totally agreed, especially with 9, 7, 6 (for sure), 4, we manscape and ladyscape each other so we know when that is going to happen and those nights always end with rewards ;), most certainly 2, and 1.

Rock On Randy!!
    Thanks!  :) :)
      July 15, 2018 2:05 PM MDT

No. 5.. I've never ever been married and have no problem whatsoever getting laid....  Grrrrrr
      July 15, 2018 2:34 PM MDT

- Thou shalt not touch thy neighbors shopping cart in the grocery store, lest ye incur their wrath.  Once a cart is chosen, it becomes the property of the one who chose it until they abandon it somewhere in the parking lot.

- If, while driving, thou seest a law enforcement vehicle, thou shalt immediately slow to the designated speed limit and pretend that thou wasn't speeding.  Once said vehicle is out of sight, thou mayest resume thy speeding.
      July 15, 2018 9:10 AM MDT

I am cracking up!!!  These are unwritten rules I adhere to wayyyyy too often!  Thanks Shuhak :)  Those are fantastic! :) :)
      July 15, 2018 2:13 PM MDT

If you buy celery, your panties will fall off.

Need more proof? https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=celery+and+panties
      July 15, 2018 11:18 AM MDT

This makes running for your take-off a bit hard.  Best to buy the celery before this happens. :) :)  Thanks Jewels.  I never knew this. :)  This post was edited by Merlin at July 15, 2018 4:43 PM MDT
      July 15, 2018 1:39 PM MDT

Always consider the boss crazy and you will always be right and remain in good standing. 
      July 15, 2018 11:20 AM MDT

Amen to that unspoken rule!  Isn't that the truth?!!  Thanks Kittigate :) :)
      July 15, 2018 1:33 PM MDT

Hard to say as I've never seen any to read ...:( D
      July 15, 2018 2:04 PM MDT

Hi Nice Jugs :)~ Now you have.  Are you blessed by doing any of the above mentioned? 
      July 15, 2018 2:14 PM MDT

You don't tread on people's toes......more so if there mine....:( 
      July 15, 2018 2:40 PM MDT

Never fix the tag on the back of a shirt that is sticking out on a stranger.
    Never call a man Mam
    Never tell a three year old monsters are real
    If your a woman, wipe from the front to back
    Never go to a movie theater with a severe cough
    Never fart in public (if you can avoid it)
    Never let them see you sweat
      July 15, 2018 2:42 PM MDT

(Folks, now I want to marry this woman.)

~
      July 15, 2018 3:32 PM MDT