Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » What would you plant in your garden is you were to have one?

What would you plant in your garden is you were to have one?

Posted - September 4, 2018

Responses

That's interesting to me, bhwilson. Thanks for sharing that.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 5, 2018 8:09 AM MDT
      September 5, 2018 8:07 AM MDT

I'd start with rhubarb.
    I love rhubarb pie.
      September 4, 2018 6:42 PM MDT

I have a giant rhubarb plant the leafs are the size of VW's but it's not good for pies more of a decoration plant. I do have regular rhubarb plants that we use for pies and ice cream sauce. Rhubarb is good for your health so you should grow some.  Cheers! 
      September 4, 2018 10:08 PM MDT

(leafs leaves)
      September 4, 2018 11:53 PM MDT

September 5, 2018 8:06 AM MDT

Me too Welby.  Many people don't.  :) :)
      September 5, 2018 10:05 AM MDT

Yeah, you're right.
      September 5, 2018 10:09 AM MDT

Pumpkins and vegetable marrows.
      September 4, 2018 8:58 PM MDT

YeAAAAAA! Pumpkins are going to be good to have soon and veggies are the best!  I wish I could have a pumpkin patch.  Thanks kittigate! :) :)
      September 5, 2018 9:52 AM MDT

Pineapples and Granny Smith apples.
      September 4, 2018 9:01 PM MDT

Pineapples?!  Now there is something you don't hear people grow very often unless, of course, you live in Hawaii which isn't a good place to be at the moment.  
    Very Cool Zack!  I love Granny Smith apples, too.  I would like to have my garden next to yours.  Maybe we could swap some Pineapples for some oranges and grapes in my garden?!  Big winks and smiles!  Thanks Zack. :) :)
      September 5, 2018 9:54 AM MDT

• I do have a garden, though I'm not too interested in growing food. I've been planting California native plants, including different varieties of ceanothus and manzanita, as well as a flannel-bush and a native penstemon. 
      September 4, 2018 11:01 PM MDT

Beautiful and good for you to grow native.  We have a ton of eucalyptus trees here that aren't native.  I still like them very much and they grow easily in Southern California.  Still, I like them.  I just planed 5 Oleander tress.  They are native to this part of California and grow rapidly.  Thanks for your input Nevan. :) :)
      September 5, 2018 9:58 AM MDT

Well I have to admit I'm NO GARDENER!!

my family loves having gardens, growing food, and this'n that, but not me!

in fact, whenever the subject comes up, there's always a laugh or two about "Ben would love to have that in his garden" and so on.

Get a huge kick out of those little mats you roll out and then water? now that's BEN gardening, right? roll that sucker out and then just water it & it grows!!  genius!!!

but anyhow, one idea on gardening does appeal to me, but of COURSE I'd never do it..........years ago I read of a 'chronological garden'..that is, you plant the plants from left to right; in the morning this or that plant/flower opens up...

then as the day progresses, the amount of light at that time of day will cause another plant/flower to open up.

a BRILLIANT idea!  anyone else ever heard of this? just can't recall the correct name for it, but it'd be a helluva garden to have, provided you had enough room for it,,,,,,,altho' it could probably be done on a smaller scale, too,with fewer plants/flowers.

so see? I"m not entirely averse to gardening!!

LOL

:-D

:-)
      September 5, 2018 8:57 AM MDT

I am cracking up or rather blooming from the left side of my mouth in laughter to the right.  What a hoot!!
    No.  I've never heard of that but it makes sense.  Does that work from right to left in Australia?  Big giggles!
    Thanks ben1011.  I'm sure you are great at many things and we won't make you dig in the dirt if you wouldn't like to.  You're very funny! :) :)
      September 5, 2018 10:02 AM MDT

If I had a garden ... it would be a rock garden, due to my "brown thumb" (the opposite of a "green thumb", I kill every plant I touch).

And I might place some statues around ... like the old movie scenes where people got turned to stone by Medusa.  LOL

September 5, 2018 10:23 AM MDT

nothing since inn allergic to plants
      September 6, 2018 2:54 PM MDT