Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » What would your perfect home be like?

What would your perfect home be like?

And where would it be located?

As for me, this one will do.  I like the 180 degree picture windows because it sits on a hill overlooking the North Sea.  It has four bedrooms but we don't need that much space.  Three would be plenty.  I would prefer that it were a little higher on a cliff, right on the ocean surrounded by ancient forest inland.  There should also be some tall leafy plants by the bedroom windows so I can listen to them blow in the wind as I'm going to sleep.  No swimming pool but there must be a protected lagoon down at the water's edge where I can keep my boat and grow out all the lobsters and fish I catch.  So, the coast guard shouldn't be too far off and neither should the grocery store and Home Depot.  Is that too much to ask?

Image 1 of 10: Front Elevation

Posted - September 22, 2018

Responses

Funny thing is.. I dream of an American home made of wood, wood cladding.. endlessly adaptable, and with a basement.. ooh I'd die for a basement! Lots of land of course, Rooms in the loft... and it must, must have a porch..If it happens to overlook a beach or a lake then I'd die happy.. 
      September 22, 2018 2:38 PM MDT

One where nothing breaks down...ever.
      September 22, 2018 4:46 PM MDT

Yes
    :)
      September 22, 2018 5:42 PM MDT

Self-cleaning

September 22, 2018 5:38 PM MDT

Maybe just a nice cage in a zoo with all the other monkeys getting free food, free health care and throwing poop at humans. 
      September 22, 2018 5:40 PM MDT

September 22, 2018 5:42 PM MDT

Hello Kittigate..I live down the street from where Koko the Gorilla lived. His cage is still up even though Koko is no longer there...While he was I had the opportunity to meet him and the owner was very gracious with letting us come up to see him..Sadly, Koko died earlier this year
      September 23, 2018 11:37 AM MDT

I built my dream home, but it took 5 years of part time work. I did have a budget so I didn't go wild with extras. OK, 7 acres was a bit excessive, but it was cheap. I live only 3 miles from the city limits and there are deer,foxes, coyotes, vultures, minks, and sometimes a bald eagle flies over. 
      September 22, 2018 6:35 PM MDT

My family is full of Auburn grads and we are all Auburn sports fans.  We have eagles here where I live too.  Every time I see one in the air or up on top of a telephone pole, I give him a loud WAR EAGLE!!!  My neighbors are now used to it.  
      September 23, 2018 9:09 PM MDT

Out in the country, but not too far. It would be a modest home. Three bedrooms and two bathrooms with a finished basement for a real man cave. I would have a modest amount of acres so I could target shoot on my property and ride a four-wheeler. I would I have a personal chef as well. I hate cooking. I don’t need a maid as I prefer to do my own cleaning. I would also have a garage attached to the house with air conditioning and heat. 
      September 22, 2018 7:04 PM MDT

My home is perfect for me.  Seriously....perfect size, two story (I like sleeping where no one could walk up to my bedroom window), brand new quality construction renovation waterfront with lots of fish and birds and gators.  The only negative for me is the lack of four distinct seasons.................I miss that.
      September 22, 2018 7:31 PM MDT

Hello there callmeIshmael
    Some years ago, never mind how long precisely, having little money in my purse...I bought a piece of property in what is small town some 20 miles south of San Francisco. It is 7 acres of gorgeous land nestled in towering redwoods..Thew house itself is kind of unusual, it was originally built in the 60's as a family "commune".  There are 2 house and 2 garages. I rent out the smaller house. When I got the property it was a mess, it had sat empty for years, the weeds were a good 3-4 high..
    I am a single dad and had my son and daughter when we got the place. I spent the first few years working on the property just about 7 days a week. I mowed the fields, cut trails through the redwoods, built seating areas and firepits, even made 2 golf holes, one is 75 yards and the other s 125 yards...I collected statues and they sit in my little orchard of miniature citrus trees..
    After my kids school dances and football games there would always be a dozen or so kids that would come to the house and stay the weekend...they loved it...
    The house is old the systems need constant attention, I still have to spend a few days a week raking the trails, mowing and chopping, it is a lot of work but i really enjoy it..it is the perfect house and property for me
    My kids are grown and on their own now and I find I really miss having children in the house, it was them who made it the home it was..I am still adjusting to being alone...What would really make this a home again is Grandchildren. I cant wait to hear children running around again...

September 22, 2018 8:17 PM MDT

anywheres but where i ann now
      September 23, 2018 1:52 PM MDT
  • D&D

Crime free, violence free,  (mental, physical and sexual abuse).
      September 23, 2018 9:59 PM MDT