Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » For those who have attended drive-in theaters with someone else, were there times when you didn't watch the movie?

For those who have attended drive-in theaters with someone else, were there times when you didn't watch the movie?

Posted - October 7, 2018

Responses

If it's late ,I hardly ever get to see the end of things....mind you...it is kind'a dark.....:)D 
      October 7, 2018 10:34 AM MDT

In my area drive-ins have been all but extinct for 25+ years. The nearest one to me is at least an hour away. I was a kid when they were taken down here. 
      October 7, 2018 11:47 AM MDT

A few times but it was 't  always because the car was a rocking sometimes  it was to go around  and shoot the breeze with friends in their cars or at the snack bar. Drive ins were a great place to socialize and I think it's a shame that their disappearing/ Cheers!
      October 7, 2018 12:16 PM MDT

I think we still have one here.
      October 7, 2018 12:37 PM MDT

Great answer!
    :)
    I smile!
      October 7, 2018 6:43 PM MDT

ive never been to one
      October 7, 2018 2:01 PM MDT

Nope.  When I went to to a movie, I went to watch the movie - nothing else.  Just turn up the speaker and watch the movie! This post was edited by Shuhak at October 7, 2018 6:44 PM MDT
      October 7, 2018 2:22 PM MDT

Yes!
      October 7, 2018 6:44 PM MDT

I've always preferred a little more privacy than that.

We still have one here. Just one. The Mainline at Gepps Cross.

October 7, 2018 2:23 PM MDT

They show movies???!
      October 7, 2018 5:24 PM MDT

• "My Mother put you up to this, didn't she!"
      October 7, 2018 5:40 PM MDT

OK - - this makes me smile and laugh every time I think of it!

At about 13 years of age, I first saw what immediately became my favorite movie (and it remains so to this day) at a drive-in - - George Romero's original "Night of the Living Dead." After reading the novelization book from the movie, my dad promised he'd take me to see it if it came to our city.

It came.
    (But I failed to tell my dad it was the third of a triple feature, ha!)
    My older brother and older sister came, too - - and two of our friends. Six of us in the car.

While I was in the midst of being terrified at the movie, my dad returned from the snack bar. And as he walked back to our car, we saw Dad start to shuffle and walk awkwardly like one of the living dead! Shuffling by cars - - uncomfortably close to the cars and we saw many people in their cars jump!! Ha!

So, yes - - we weren't watching the movie -- we were watching Dad! SUCH a scary movie!

Image result for night of the living dead

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 7, 2018 6:57 PM MDT
      October 7, 2018 6:42 PM MDT

We biker boys would pull in behind the drive-in theatre where there was a church parking lot. In this manner, we had free movies AND could get religion, too.
      October 7, 2018 7:13 PM MDT

• A lack of interest in the movie was the very thing that made a drive in such an unforgettable place. It must have been unforgettable. I'm writing about it.
      October 10, 2018 8:04 PM MDT

• I forget what year Jaws came out, but I had already seen it, so I watched another movie on the screen behind us although there was no sound. I don't remember the movie at the moment.  It may have been one of the Godfather movies.
      October 10, 2018 8:47 PM MDT