Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What makes you happier.. plants or money?

What makes you happier.. plants or money?

I must be weird! I love plants.. seeing flowers on plants makes me happy.. it reaches deep into my soul.. and makes me happy.. The only reason I value money is... so I can buy more plants :P Did I say I am a recovering plantaholic? But I seriously do love plants! 

I've been able to get in the  last two weeks ALL of the plants I wanted, (and more lol) plus two of my dream plants.. 
Corydalis flexuosa 
Nerine Bowdenii 

I can't believe my luck! 

Posted - April 24, 2019

Responses

Either will do as long as they're green.
    The green cash buys the plants.
    The plants supply the oxygen I need to be happy.
    And the icing is their beauty, their fragrance, and their millions of other uses.
    Plants are sunshine transformed into life.
      April 24, 2019 3:44 PM MDT

How about both? 

April 24, 2019 3:53 PM MDT

I guess money comes first like when I win a lottery jackpot I will build a 5 acre planetarium and have thick foliage like a jungle setting with birds, reptiles,  a huge fish pond and small animals -and I would be living inside there.
      April 24, 2019 5:02 PM MDT

Plants because I'm a grounds keeper and if there were no plants I'd get no money. I saw my first Ladybug of the season today - it made my day because it will be my little helper at keeping the plants healthy. Cheers!
      April 24, 2019 5:07 PM MDT

Trees and any plants that make oxygen and recycle the air we breath and rely on..
    no amount of money can replace them when they are gone ....

We all need to stop buying and boycott products made with cheap palm oil.....The deforestation of tropical rainforests in the Phillipines is destroying people's lives lives and decimating all wildlife that use to live in these forests.... 
      April 25, 2019 2:32 AM MDT

Plants, and I'd have to say trees, since I love the Magnolia Grandiflora the flower of which can grow up to a foot across and smells divine.  My garden is full of tulips and daffodils at the moment, I also love alliums.  I think your garden should be like a fireworks display going off at different times of the season. 

In of itself money isn't pretty and doesn't directly bring me happiness,  because all it is a paper/plastic IOU, however one can use this IOU to buy plants and flowers, that said I do like to take cuttings and grow plants from seeds, and it is nice to be able to exchange such things with neighbours, besides how can you not love a Sunflower....or two.

This post was edited by kjames at May 3, 2019 10:21 AM MDT
      April 25, 2019 2:43 AM MDT

• money that i can use to buy plants. 
      April 25, 2019 5:31 AM MDT

Given my brown thumb. I will go with money. 
      April 25, 2019 5:41 AM MDT

• Plants cost money.
      April 25, 2019 11:34 AM MDT

The answer is in the takeaway.  What would we do if there were no money?  We'd find another way to trade.  What would we do if we had no plants?
      April 25, 2019 11:38 AM MDT

rnoney
      April 30, 2019 5:38 PM MDT