Active Now

Reverend Muhammadovsky
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Would it be okay to spy on your cute neighbours?
D&D

Would it be okay to spy on your cute neighbours?

They are of legal age.

Observing them when they are out walking around the garden or something or entering their homes is fine isn't it?

Or is this creepy? Clearly spying on them nude, or taking photos is wrong but this is legit okay right?

Posted - September 23, 2018

Responses

Try to imagine yourself in their position, suddenly becoming aware that their neighbor is spying on them and not knowing how long it's been going on.

How do you think they would feel?

All women know that almost any man under the wrong conditions can be a serious threat.

But most women are rarely a threat to the well being, health, and life of a man.

If a man spies - it's something to be seriously worried about.

If a woman spies, people would have trouble believing it and probably no one would take it seriously. This post was edited by inky at September 29, 2018 3:39 PM MDT
      September 23, 2018 11:46 PM MDT

I am no man so this means it's fine?
      September 25, 2018 5:17 AM MDT

Well this gets harder to understand.

You didn't say what gender your neighbors are.

I can't imagine why a woman would want to spy on neighbors, cute or not, unless she's got not enough to do or is lonely.

If I were young and cute, I probably wouldn't worry about a woman spying on me - unless her hubby was a cat burglar.
    I would be curious about why she felt any desire to spy.
    If I noticed, I'd probably go and knock on the door to ask.

Kittigate and Merlin make good points. There would be some circumstances where some people wouldn't mind, or might even like it.

This post was edited by inky at September 29, 2018 11:39 PM MDT
      September 27, 2018 7:00 PM MDT

I have many neighbours. The cute ones are men and women. I don't really choose consciously. They are cute I guess, or I'm looking at their hairstyles or outfits. Frivolous really. I just wonder what they are like since we don't know each other. Something like the mystery and fun in guessing.

As you may have realised I really have nothing to do, and small things like that add a little fun to my sad life. This post was edited by D&D at September 29, 2018 9:41 PM MDT
      September 29, 2018 9:32 AM MDT

Hmm. I'm getting a completely different sense of who you are and the situation now that you've filled me in --
    and so I change my stance and say that in your case I very much doubt that anyone would mind you looking.
    I'm sure they would sense that you are merely interested in a pleasant social way and not with any unwelcome intent.

Such attentiveness might even make you a good crime stopper - you could report on any suspicious goings on.
      September 29, 2018 9:46 PM MDT

With our modern security system cameras we can do these things with ease.....our drone is much better as it can get in really close.....:)
      September 24, 2018 12:24 AM MDT

A relative of mine, (female) when still a teen, had a male friend who was the 'town window peeker.'  He was caught several times by police but since it is a misdimeaner, he never got jail time. The friendship ended when she found large lag bolts going up a tree behind her home. He admitted to putting the bolts in the tree as a ladder up to her window. 
      September 24, 2018 5:31 AM MDT

(misdemeanor)
      September 24, 2018 5:32 AM MDT

mister meaner
      September 24, 2018 6:48 AM MDT

They are not very friendly, especially the girlfriend. She rarely says hi.
      September 24, 2018 9:08 AM MDT

Sure -if they are exhibitionists it might be okay to make more than a few occasional glances.
      September 24, 2018 9:25 AM MDT

Hi kittigate and I agree! :)
      September 25, 2018 11:54 PM MDT

Never felt any desire to do that.  Actually not sure any of them are "cute". 
      September 24, 2018 9:52 AM MDT

kind of creepy, youre better off just talking to thenn
      September 24, 2018 9:59 AM MDT

I live in a condo where some elderly neighbors have nothing better to do than watch everyone's comings and goings and comment on them. I'm not sure that constitutes 'spying' since it is not done covertly.  So, if you want to be known as the neighborhood's 'Gladys Kravitz', just go ahead. They'll get used to it.
      September 25, 2018 6:02 AM MDT

I was born a 75yo woman. A nosy old lady.
      September 29, 2018 9:34 AM MDT

You'd fit right in here.
      September 29, 2018 3:28 PM MDT

How powerful are you using the word "cute?"  If they were ugly, would it be considered spying?   If they were ugly, would it even be considered a crime?
    You do have a right to look anywhere you like.  If they choose to leave their windows open for you to view, cute or not cute, is entirely up to them. I don't think you would be doing anyone any in justice if you just happen to glance in that direction.  OOPs!!

September 26, 2018 12:00 AM MDT

I don’t find it ok. I wouldn’t want to be spied on. 
      September 26, 2018 3:13 AM MDT

Well I'm Trailer Trash but I would never spy on my cute neighbours. If I wanted to check them out I would  do it the good old fashioned trailer trash way and throw a party and invite them to it. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 29, 2018 4:06 PM MDT