Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Real Estate » If you could move to any city and/or state in the US, where would you choose to live? (If finances and employment weren't factors.)

If you could move to any city and/or state in the US, where would you choose to live? (If finances and employment weren't factors.)

* If you live in another country, where would you like to move within its borders?*

Posted - January 3, 2019

Responses

Id move to the new york state cuz it seems like a good place to live... i live in canada, and new york doesnt seems so far from canada from the temperature's level
      January 3, 2019 3:45 PM MST

Upstate New York is very beautiful, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to find employment.  I'm partially retired, but if I moved, I wouldn't have to worry about finding a job.
      January 3, 2019 7:08 PM MST

If I were you I'd stay in Canada for at least a couple more years. 

Of course, someone might decide that we need a wall all the way around the country. Hehe. 
      January 5, 2019 9:44 AM MST

New England ......Im not one for change......:)D 
      January 3, 2019 4:46 PM MST

Getting tired of old England?
      January 3, 2019 5:51 PM MST

Just the fact that's it's becoming more and more like a police run State....
    Each and every police force in the country is a registered business ...How on earth can you have a police force that makes billions of £ Pounds profit each year....:( 
      January 3, 2019 7:23 PM MST

Come to Toledo..we don't have that problem...most of the cops are liget. Also...if you come here...you  can visit me.
      January 3, 2019 8:04 PM MST

I would like to see that great big crack in the ground you have in Colorado.....it must look awesome to gaze on down into it.....
    Nature has created so many beautiful things I think....lol 
      January 3, 2019 9:28 PM MST

The Grand Canyon is in Arizona, not Colorado. 

~
      January 5, 2019 8:35 AM MST

I was shocked that no one had corrected her yet! 

Good ole Mr. D to the rescue. :) 
      January 5, 2019 9:11 AM MST

(((I was born and raised in Colorado.)))

January 5, 2019 9:27 AM MST

I lived there for a couple of years, would love to go back. One of my favorite states, for sure. 
      January 5, 2019 9:32 AM MST

You was never born ,you were hatched......and if I was their ,eider sat on yore head too....:)D
      January 5, 2019 2:32 PM MST

I will never stand for being corrected by Randy D'evil ...........mostly he wants me to bend over to recieve my punishment.   :)D

Her, has a name as well....    Grrrrrrrrrrrr
      January 5, 2019 2:27 PM MST

Ahhhhhhhhh....Someone must have moved it after I was their.....I'm sure the Colorado River Springs from someware wet .....Personally ,I think your just in De'Nile and think you need to check fings out on Amazon in future  :( 
      January 5, 2019 2:11 PM MST

• hawaii or california as a close second 
      January 3, 2019 6:35 PM MST

Hello SavvyAnsley
    I will never leave my home and the town in which it sits. There is no way I would be able to move here now if the situation was that I lived somewhere else, but I bought the place years ago and have put in years of sweat equity, it is worth about 20 times the amount i paid.
    We have the best roads for riding, 15 minutes to the beach, 30-40 minutes to San Francisco, 3 1/2 hours to Tahoe and great skiing. A real "small town" feel, wonderful parks, great weather. Privacy, calm, serene. no crime, community events such as art and wine festivals, community breakfasts, parades etc.
    Even though the little town of Woodside sits right in the middle of the bay area, between San Francisco and San Jose, it feels a world away..

January 3, 2019 8:08 PM MST

I googled it, looks incredible! I think you're wise not to even dream of living elsewhere! 
      January 5, 2019 8:14 AM MST

I would not have to move far to get to an area just south of Mansfield, Ohio. This is Louis Bromfield country. Bromfield was a successful writer back in the early 1900s. He could afford to live anywhere. He chose an area not far from Mansfield. To get an idea of what the place looks like, just watch the last part of the movie; 'The Shawshank Redemption. The Morgan Freeman character is seen at the 'rock wall' where the tin box is found. That scene was shot across the road from Louis Bromfield's farm. 
      January 3, 2019 9:46 PM MST

You're the second AM member to mention that wall in Shawshank Redemption! Welby Q informed me that the famous tree had fallen down a couple of years ago. He has a personal connection to the movie, you should ask him about it. 

From the pictures I googled, looks similar to the landscape I see when I'm out driving around, perhaps a bit hillier. Do you venture out to a lot of state parks in Ohio? I've come across photos of Hocking Hills and Tar Hollow before and they both look stunningly beautiful. 
      January 5, 2019 9:09 AM MST

That famous tree is now being turned into souveners by some woodworker. I saw an article somewhere on the internet.
      January 5, 2019 7:39 PM MST

I could dig a home in an Alpine village.  I wouldn't like the governance and taxation but there are some beautiful places in the Alps.
      January 3, 2019 10:28 PM MST

Switzerland was my first dream destination as a child! I can remember saying I wanted to live there at a very young age. 
    (Probably stemmed from seeing The Sound of Music every year). :)
      January 5, 2019 8:16 AM MST

...and Heidi. ;)
      January 6, 2019 8:57 PM MST

What a silly question. There is a reason why one American out of eight lives in California, and almost all of them live as close as they can to a beach.
      January 4, 2019 9:25 AM MST