Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » God made us in His image...which means he has testicles and a penis. Why would He need them...no women around.

God made us in His image...which means he has testicles and a penis. Why would He need them...no women around.

Posted - December 4, 2018

Responses

He does not need them. Humans need those parts for procreation. Are women made in his image? 
      December 4, 2018 8:07 PM MST

Being made in God's image is being made with a conscience. We (humans) know inherently the difference between right and wrong. God is a spirit being he has no human body. 
      December 4, 2018 8:25 PM MST

YES THEY ARE.  God is all forms, not just a penis or vagina.  How small to think in those terms.  

December 5, 2018 7:21 AM MST

You are acting like the flat earth people now.  
      December 4, 2018 8:28 PM MST

He also has a vagina though, precisely BECAUSE he has no one else to bang. So to perform self love is to be closer to God (which basically makes me the Pope), and we're all made partially in his/her image, just not completely. Except for hermaphrodites, who are modern day deities that deserve our worship.
      December 4, 2018 8:32 PM MST

What? You never heard of Mrs. God? 
      December 4, 2018 8:49 PM MST

December 4, 2018 9:27 PM MST

I like that song a lot. I like Joan's voice, too.
    :)
      May 13, 2019 9:33 PM MDT

Well I use mine as a keel when I go swimming maybe God does the same. Cheers!
      December 4, 2018 9:33 PM MST

He has a kid with a birthday coming up in three weeks, so umm yeah, just something to help answer your question.
      December 5, 2018 3:06 AM MST

cute...
         God's image is
    Absolute Consciousness
    No physical body.
    Made in His image YES.
    ...God exists within you as you.
    Beyond the mind, beyond the thoughts,
    beyond the Ego...Is God's Presence.
    .....ALL can be experienced and realized
    through Meditation when one 
    reaches beyond time and space.
      December 5, 2018 7:16 AM MST

Thanks Baba.  Thank you for being the voice of reason and not attacking your attackers. I still have not overcome this pastime of mine.
      December 5, 2018 7:19 AM MST

Some people have the notion that being made in the image of God deals with the physical likeness as if God has a body of flesh and blood. This is not the case. Jesus says that God, in reference to the Heavenly Father, is a spirit (John 4:24) and the spirit does not have flesh and bones (Luke 24:39). Therefore, it cannot be true that we are made in the image of God the Father in the sense that God the Father has a body of flesh and bones.

So then, what does it mean to be made in the image of God? It means that we are made in His likeness in that we have some of the same attributes that God has. For example, God is rational (Isaiah 1:18) and so are we. God can love (John 3:16) and so can we. God can hate (Psalm 5:5; 11:5) and so can we. Because we are made in God's image, we are able to have compassion, mercy, grace, fellowship, friendship, etc. However, as God is all-knowing, we are not. God is ever present, but we are not.  So, the image of God in us means that we are like Him in some, not all, of His attributes. This post was edited by rusureamisure? at May 13, 2019 9:34 PM MDT
      December 5, 2018 9:18 AM MST

he dont need thenn and dont have thenn
      December 5, 2018 9:50 AM MST

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”      

In some Jewish Midrash, Adam and Eve was one, and then God separated them, rib may mean side, hence why it is said that in marriage the two become one flesh. 

Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Mark 10:8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

https://jwa.org/encyclopedia/article/eve-midrash-and-aggadah

December 5, 2018 10:11 AM MST

• this is assuming god isn’t a woman which she is This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 13, 2019 10:57 PM MDT
      December 5, 2018 12:35 PM MST

Correct...as the bible depicts Him.
    Without punctuation, I can't tell what you are saying...I am not a grammar Nazi...just confused.
      December 5, 2018 12:38 PM MST

Our creator does not have a sex. 
    You need to keep in mind that the bible was written in ancient Greek, Hebrew, and translated to Latin. All objects had a sex when referred to. 
    A man is male. The word woman is female. The word table is female. The word animal is male (regardless what type), a tree is female. God is male, regardless what type of god. The word creator is male.
      December 6, 2018 5:21 AM MST

December 5, 2018 9:37 PM MST

When the concept of gods first began they were primarily illustrated in the image of man, woman or beast. Then eventually when someone decided only one almighty, all knowing creator God would be better than multiple gods and in order to add a bit of glory to the new God they turned it around to say God created mankind in HIS image. 
      December 5, 2018 10:56 PM MST

"God make us in his image", does not mean he made us to look like him. God make us in his image, as God imagined what we should look like from his imagination. God made man in his image. God made woman in his image. God made cats in his image. God made cows in his image. 
      December 6, 2018 5:14 AM MST

God does not necessarily exist in human form, if God exists at all. And it's far more plausible that in their attempt to explain our existence, people created God and not vice versa.
      December 6, 2018 6:06 AM MST

"In the image of gods He made them". That's actually what it says. Elohim. Plural. The Bible wasn't writren in English, read the Hebrew.
    In fact when the Bible was written, there wasn't any such thing as English. Neither was there any such place as England, the Angles hadn't got there yet (hence Angle-Land).
      December 6, 2018 6:26 AM MST

"In His image" is not about our flesh but about our inner humanity. 

The image of God (Latin: imago dei) refers to the immaterial part of humanity. It sets human beings apart from the animal world, fits them for the dominion God intended them to have over the earth (Genesis 1:28), and enables them to commune with their Maker. It is a likeness mentally, morally, and socially.

Mentally, humanity was created as a rational, volitional agent. In other words, human beings can reason and choose. This is a reflection of God’s intellect and freedom. Anytime someone invents a machine, writes a book, paints a landscape, enjoys a symphony, calculates a sum, or names a pet, he or she is proclaiming the fact that we are made in God’s image.

Morally, humanity was created in righteousness and perfect innocence, a reflection of God’s holiness. God saw all He had made (humanity included) and called it “very good” (Genesis 1:31). Our conscience or “moral compass” is a vestige of that original state. Whenever someone writes a law, recoils from evil, praises good behavior, or feels guilty, he or she is confirming the fact that we are made in God’s own image.

Socially, humanity was created for fellowship. This reflects God's triune nature and His love. In Eden, humanity’s primary relationship was with God (Genesis 3:8 implies fellowship with God), and God made the first woman because “it is not good for the man to be alone” (Genesis 2:18). Every time someone marries, makes a friend, hugs a child, or attends church, he or she is demonstrating the fact that we are made in the likeness of God.
      December 6, 2018 8:39 PM MST